1998-05-05 - Holy QPRNF…

Header Data

From: Xcott Craver <caj@math.niu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 65e3aaf7c01c7e7c8125706674831e8b1313963602658204912ba0fcccf1f8e9
Message ID: <199805050043.TAA22628@baker.math.niu.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:43:23 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Xcott Craver <caj@math.niu.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 17:43:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Holy QPRNF...

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/980504/ca_live_pi_1.html

	  services.

|| ``Until very recently, the creative community was extremely skeptical of
|| licensing and marketing their work over the Web, which they viewed as an
|| absolute free-for-all,'' said Doug Dawirs, director of online services at
|| The Workbook. ``Now these same people and companies are jumping in with
|| both feet.''

I hope no content creators mistakenly think that this is electronic
content protection (possibly, one can say an aid to detect _unintentional_
illicit use, but not intentional theft), or else there will be a
free-for-all of a legal kind a little further down the road.

I also wonder about the proposed batch processing option, embedding
the same watermark into multiple images.  I can see a number of
security problems here, especially if Live Picture can not (likely)
keep track of all the images marked by them.

						=Xcott

Thread