1998-05-04 - Re: db$: The Wright Brothers vs. Chixalub

Header Data

From: chatski carl <chatski@gl.umbc.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7606b777650e22656bc90c72aeb98cb1b051d7e2d3b3308f298f0f410cba1172
Message ID: <Pine.SGI.3.96.980504105623.29108T-100000@umbc10.umbc.edu>
Reply To: <v04003a1eb170a96dd4a8@[139.167.130.247]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-05-04 15:57:44 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 08:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: chatski carl <chatski@gl.umbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 08:57:44 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: db$: The Wright Brothers vs. Chixalub

I would like to make 2 short friendly ammendments

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Robert Hettinga wrote:
> .... that privacy itself was an inherent good.

 that privacy itself was an inherent good in a hostile environment.

 But there is a higher goal.
 In an evironment of plenitude (rather than scarcity) every act can be
 purely symbiotic and in no-way parasitic.  In such an environment,
 (which we have technologically but not politically/economically) we can
 create a political/social system where there are no more fascists or
 statists.
  Then I want everyone to know everything about me.

> ....financial system goes away for a few days. Or a month.

 financial system goes away forever!!

> ...Is there any way to step in with digital bearer settlement as a
>robust alternative to book-entry funds transfer?

 IMHO the only robust, sustainable solution is to eliminate all forms of
 such accounting altogether, to decouple production from stored ability to
 get what you need/want.

- Carl

Thread