1998-05-27 - Fraud Alert - Frank Jones - Spyking

Header Data

From: “James M. Atkinson, Comm-Eng” <jmatk@tscm.com>
To: FraudAlert@tscm.com
Message Hash: 89ce401dbcafde59868a805099832e26c3fda4d63170df94c6f1805b186693ba
Message ID: <v03110703b1923781c474@[205.161.57.127]>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 16:34:30 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "James M. Atkinson, Comm-Eng" <jmatk@tscm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 16:34:30 -0700 (PDT)
To: FraudAlert@tscm.com
Subject: Fraud Alert - Frank Jones - Spyking

Greetings,

I regret to inform you that you may have been the victim of a serious hoax
foisted by Frank Jones (aka: SpyKing).

Many people, including the members of the media, have been swallowing what
Frank Jones has to offer, simply because they neither understand the
science or won't do even simple research on a vendor (hint: the TEMPEST,
DATASCAN and similar products are an utter hoax).

You may be interested in the following information regarding Frank Jones
which we have listed on the Threat Profile Library.

	http://www.tscm.com/FNJspyking.html

We would encourage you to examine the materials in the Threat Profile
Library, and then to review your own dealings with the subject.

We also recommend that you carefully review the documents, and then contact
those agencies directly yourself (they would be happy to talk to you).

Each of the agencies (such as NY PI Lisc. Board, and NY Police Department)
will gladly provide you with authentication of the documents we present and
will gladly send you copies of the original documents (just ask them). They
will verify the documents are indeed genuine and were generated by their
agencies. Of course Frank claims that all of the documents in the library
have been forged and are counterfit (which is a hilarious claim).

Please feel free to verify the documents, in fact we strongly encourage it!!!

You may seriously want to reconsider your attendance at SpookTec98 as
several of the victims (and "Guest Speakers") who attended last year were
not at all amused (some of whom where burned when their promised "limo and
free hotel room" never showed up).

Good Luck,

-jma

          Everybody's into computers... Who's into yours?
  James M. Atkinson                             Phone: (978) 546-3803
  Granite Island Group - TSCM.COM
  127 Eastern Avenue #291                        http://www.tscm.com/
  Gloucester, MA 01931                          mailto:jmatk@tscm.com
  The First, The Largest, The Most Popular, and The Most Complete TSCM,
    Technical Security, and Counterintelligence Site on the Internet.