1998-05-07 - Dog Log - SPACE ALIENS HIDE MY DRUGS!!!

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 99cd9fe74269b9338806eca66613189b5c83a7c7a8843c598edda9f8d1d30c76
Message ID: <35516EC7.3EAF@sk.sympatico.ca>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 01:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 01:18:29 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Dog Log - SPACE ALIENS HIDE MY DRUGS!!!

Dog Log - SPACE ALIENS HIDE MY DRUGS!!!
_______________________________________

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: Eric Otot <emc@wire.insync.net>
Cc: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: The Borg Arrive

  God bless WillyG III!
  Eric Otot wrote a reply to WGII's caustic post which
gave a perfectly reasonable account of his preference for
picking which 'battles' were worth his while to engage in,
and which would be merely pissing in the wind of the
masses rushing by to save their dime for the GreyHound
restroom.
  I chose to omit EricO's reply and spell-correct WGIII's,
in order to preserve the point made by his post, without
lessening the post's effect by letting it be obvious that
WG3 is an uneducated, redneck, barefoot hillbilly who has
no 'manors'...
  I did so for the simple reason that Eric Otot's perfectly
reasonable erudition of his postion on the imposition of

identity-tracking techonlogy, although being a perfectly
valid justification of the need for concentration of
resources, is a position that millions or billions of
perfectly reasonable people are capable of reasoning for
themselves.
  Fuck 'reasonable'...

  Eric Cordian, a much wiser and more perceptive member of
the CypherPunks list than Eric Otot, though less easily
amused, elucidates one of the many reasons why it may
be unreasonable to remain reasonable in one's reasoning in
regard to what one must take under consideration when
deciding the imortance, or lack thereof, of refusing to
submit to the increasing intrusion of technology into our
lives in return for what are often marginal benefits.

From: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net

Steve Schear writes:

> Many of the large grocers in my area have also gone to
> 'club' cards as a means of data mining and loyalty
> promotion.  However, the procedure for joining such clubs
> is open loop, in that the cards are issued at the POS
> and no check is made of the information your provide.
> All of mine are pseudoanonymous.
For the time being.

However, that could change once all retail outlets are
MarkOfTheBeast-Enabled.

Infrastructure is infrastructure, after all.

---
Eric Michael Cordian 0+
---

  An interesting, widely unknown part of the Club Card
equation is that, even if an individual does not 'provide'
the vendor with the Mark of the Beast (SSN), those who
control the databases involved 'add' MotB/SSN information
from widely available 'lookup' sources.
  As well, the Corporate Beast seems to have learned a few
tricks from the Government Beast. Just as the government
takes your money as Federal Taxes and then uses it to 'buy'
the compromise of your 'State rights' under the guise of
matching federal funding, the corporations merely raise
their prices and then give the customer a 'rebate' in
return for registering for the Yellow Star Club Card.
  During my recent Soft Target Tour of Tucson, I used my
base-player's Safeway Club Card, but I always made a point
of going to the adjoining Walgreen's first, to get those
things on my list which they sold, before going to Safeway.
I cannot recall a single item which I bought at Walgreen's
which was not a higher price at Safeway, unless one used
the Club Card, whereupon it 'magically' became exactly the
same price as the item was at Walgreen's.

  When shopping for myself, I refuse to play the 'Savings
Club' game, for the same reason I don't sell my butt behind
the GreyHound Bus Station for a paltry sum of money.
  Instead, I spend a few more dollars paying the inflated
prices, and I leave a few expensive cuts of the store's
meat products in a location where they won't be found for
a few days.
  In essence, I pay more as a result of the Sheeple's
actions, and they pay more as a result of mine.

  Tim May, a 34th Generation May Son and a licentious
proctologist, has turned his multiple personality affliction
into an overall benefit to the quality of his life by
singlehandedly creating and maintaining all of the various
personas that make up the CypherPunks list subscriber
membership, maintaining the list archives, singlehandedly
inventing all CypherPunks technologies under his 'Tim May'
persona, and keeping his remaining personas in line by
referring them to the 'archives' every time the subordinate
personas try to take credit for legendary CypherPunk
concepts such as 'sliced bread' and the 'wheel'.
  Despite being the only real subscriber to the CypherPunks
list, he manages to not only singlehandedly run all of the
Bay Area CypherPunks Physical Meetings, but also to put into
practice the MeatSpace manifestations of the concepts he
espouses, by methods such as discussed in the following:

To: Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net>, cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>

At 6:05 PM -0700 5/1/98, Eric Cordian wrote:

>A few weeks ago, however, Rite Aid did something which was
>not merely mildly annoying, but actually threatening to my
>privacy.
>
>I walked into the store, and noticed that every sale tag
>in the store had been embellished with fine print
>containing the words "(With your Rite Rewards Card)" Giant
>banners proclaimed that this card was free and could be
>obtained by simply filling out a little form, available
>at any register.  This form required your name, address,
>apt, state, zip, phone number, and date of birth, and the
>card was barcoded.
Did you miss the discussion of the Kalifornia Solution?

At physical meetings and parties we _exchange member cards_
randomly.

A persona hit upon this after I was showing my "Safeway" (a
major Kalifornia-based chain in 46 of the 57Semi-Autonomous
Republics) and describing how we can execute a Chaumian
exchange. As the cards are just cards, with no photo and no
obvious I.D. attached, such exchanges are easy.

>Beware the Borg.  Coming soon to a neighborhood store near you.
>
>P.S. I went with the card.
But of the cards I have, all are filled out illegibly or
have been traded multiple times. Identity entropy is an
interesting concept.

--Tim May

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the
blood of tyrants...."
ComSec 3DES:   408-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms,
zero
W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, reputations, information
markets,
Licensed Ontologist              | black markets, collapse of
governments.

  Federal US Marshall Clow, famous as the LEA who finally
brought the Blues Brothers to Justice and Ray Charles to
Blind Justice, suggests that Identity Entropy Warriors
use the addresses of the the secret lairs of the Circle
of Eunuchs and the Army of Dog in filling out all forms,
so that the UCE/Spams they so dearly love can be forwarded
to them after InfoWar has driven them underground.

To: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>, Martin Minow
<minow@apple.com>
From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
Subject: Re: The Borg Arrives
Cc: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net

At 8:45 AM -0700 5/1/98, Rabid Wombat wrote:
>On Fri, 1 May 1998, Martin Minow wrote:
>> <Eric Cordian <emc@wire.insync.net> accepts a loyalty
>> card and complains  that he has lost his privacy.

>> So, do the Cypherpunks thing -- get another card and use
>> that sometimes.
>> In fact, have all your friends get cards and, whenever
>> you get together throw your cards in a pile and take new
>> ones away with you
>
>> ps: did you actually sign your real name? If so, we're
>> going to take away your secret decoder ring.
> He used his real address. Now they know where to find
> his cat ...

Try
	1060 West Addison; Chicago IL  (Wrigley Field)
or	70 Brookline Dr.; Boston MA    (Fenway Park)

-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Adobe Systems   <mailto:mclow@mailhost2.csusm.edu>

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can
prevent the government from wasting the labors of the
people under the pretense of taking care of them."
---Thomas Jefferson

  Although Marshall Clow ends his post with a grotesquely
misquoted statement from Thomas Jefferson--whose original
quotations in regard to government invariably contained
words such as ratfuckers, cocksuckers, slimeballs, jerkwads,
etc.--it nonetheless reflects the type of subterfuge that
Jefferson foresaw taking place in the sphere of government,
which is today being mirrored in the methodologies of
corporations worldwide.
  The 'federal matching funds' and 'club card savings' scams
are but one example of the reasons that an increasing number
of citizens, such as Tim May, are finding it necessary to
undergo training in proctology, in order to figure out just
what the hell governments and corporations are *doing* back
there...

  The preceeding illustrates what individuals and small
cells of Army of Dog Warriors can do to throw an element
of misdirection into the increasing number of tracking
mechanisms being put in place in our daily lives.
  However, these effect of these types of resistance to the
digitalization of humanity are generally far outweighed by
the mindless SheepleDom of the masses in allowing themselves
to be herded unquestioningly into an endless variety of
feeding pens where they are expected to feed on corporate
products and, in turn, be fed upon by the government.

  Of much more effect are the actions of potential Army of
Dog Warriors who are in positions which allow them to add
misdirection to the digital equation at a level which can
throw a Major Screw into the machinery.
  System Administrators, DataBase Managers, Tech Support
personnel, software and hardware Programmers and Developers,
are all in a position to enter random numbers into the
structured equations designed to monitor and track an
increasing number of individual citizens whose lives will
be documented in increasing detail in an ever-widening
network of corporate and government databases.

Tim C. May Owes Me $ .05 As His Share Of The Money That
Was Ripped Off From Me By Sun MicroSystems By Selling
Me An Operating System Which Was Written By University
Students Who Put Comments In The Source Files Which
Made Fun Of People Over '30':

  Tim--I paid Deloite & Touche $ 60,000 to do a Quality
Control Analysis on my life, in general, and their report,
which is the equivalent of borrowing my watch to tell me
what time it is, indicates that the posts you have made
to the CypherPunks Disturbed Male LISP since 7 Dec, 1989,
are worth $ .03, so as long as you send me your $ .02 worth,
we can call it even, and I won't have to launch an assault
on Mayonnaise Mountain and put my SPARCard 2 where the
Sun MicroSystems don't shine...

The Bottom Line, Version 9.9, Revision 0.0:
  It's my birthday, I'm halfway through a bottle of
Glenfiddich, Cask Strength (51% alcohol) Scotch, which is
produced in Dufftown (Home of 'Duff Beer', Homer Simpson's
drink of choice), Banffshire (Just outside of Calgary, AB),
Scotland (An independent Cirle of Eunuchs/Army of Dog
Republic often referred to as 'The Texas of the British
Empire').
  My Dad gave me a birthday call, during which he informed
me that his talks with the RCMP revealed that Canadian
Customs can hold my computers, etc., up to 90 days before
exorcising their option to put their dick up my ass, and
then hold it for the fifty years during which the outcome
of any further court proceedings are decided.
  I totally flipped out, screaming all kinds of self-
incriminating utterances which prove conclusively that
I am a danger to the lives and lifes of decent, Dog-
Fearing MeatSpaceIzens everywhere, even though I am
fully aware that my electronic communications are being
monitored by those who will be 'between a rock and a hard
place' when they have to decide whether they should admit
to their illegal, surrupticious surveillance of my life,
since birth, which would prove that my extreme paranoia
validates my 'sanity defense', or to pretend that they
are just a loosely-knit organization of semi-competent
traffic-ticket writers who have no idea what this silly,
paranoid fool is talking about, validating their claim
that I should be committed to an internment camp for the
Delusionally Politically Incorrect, and that the evidence
confirming the reality of the basis of my nonsensical
blatherings should be chalked up to 'mere coincidence'.

For Professional Mathematicians Only:
1. Estimate the number of times I have 'twitched' in
between the time I screamed at my Dad that the RCMP
are not the only ones in possession of firearms.
2. Divide this estimate by the number of times I have
gotten laid since 1992 (Hint: '0').
3. Add the number of times that Toto has forged posts
to the CypherPunks list, using your name.
4. Subtract the number of ASCII-Art spams sent to the
list since July 31, 1999 (Hint: 'The same as answer #2').
5. Multiply by Franklin's Fudge Factor.
6. Plot Pinkerton's Probability Point.
7. Ask yourself, "How many stops did the train make?"

  An accurate calculation of the undescribable, inane,
indiscrimate insanities enumerated above, will, if
divided by the value of Pi legislated by Congress,
provide the number of bodies it takes to spell 'Einstein
Was Crazy'.
  While this in no way relates to valid CypherPukes issues
such as Craptographics or Piracy, it is essential to the
issue of exactly when this chapter of 'SPACE ALIENS HIDE
MY DRUGS' ceased to follow the pre-ordained path which
the Tao was directing it toward, by way of CensorShip
by the Cosmic Muffin, and became a meaningless diatribe
during which I tried to disguise the fact that I am
jumping up and down, screaming "KILL, KILL, KILL!!!"
and putting my head through the walls of my home in
an increasingly futile attempt to prevent myself from
stepping beyond the boundaries of the social programming
provided by the Secret Government Agents Cleverly
Disguised As Teachers and emptying the clips of several
dozen illegal firearms into the MeatSpace boundaries of
a Post Office, a Luby's Cafeteria, and a Schoolhouse
Full Of 'Innocent Children Who Would Eventually Murder
Their Parents If I Didn't Slaughter Them, Anyway' To
Be Named Later.

  The concept of the Army of Dog assumes that the
majority of DogIzens will be sufficiently sane to
direct their rEvolutionary thoughts, feelings and
actions in a direction which will result in the
BioSemiotic Evolution of Humankind moving forward
to an increasingly logical and humanistic future.
  If a few MadDogs such as myself have to be put
down by LEA CypherPunks, and a number of Sheeple
need to be Nuked by Timothy C. McCypherPunks, then
it is a small price to pay for ensuring that SpamFord
will be free to compete with Dimitri's ASCII-Art and
Fuck@Yourself.Up's Trojan Horses for the attention of
CypherPunks Disturbed Male LISP Mambo'ers who have
remained subscribed to 'cypherpunks-unedited@toad.com',
in order to document the 'Secret Conspiracy Against
The CypherPunks List' that is being perpetrated by the
Commie Schill, Ignoramus Chewed-Off, the Awe-Stun-Taxes
WebMasturbator, James ChokeTheMonkey, and A Nietzsche
Nazi Racing Across The Tundra In A Snowmobile To Be
Named Later.
  When all is said and done, it matters little that
the Violent Armed Thugs who comprise the Dudley DoWrong
Division of the RCMP are incapable of setting up and
railroading an individual who is half as smart as his
dog. What matters is that they can shoot his sorry ass,
move the body to the nearest Reservation, put a skirt
on him, add the body of dead, young Native child with
a tube of glue in his hand, and launch an internal
investigation by their BumBuddies (TM) that will show
them to have followed Proper PoliceMurder Procedure.

Now For The 'BAD' News:
  As you have probably guessed, given the obvious
degeneration of this rambling diatribe into an
incoherent 'Rage Against The Machine', I have
finally sunk into such a depraved condition of
violent insanity that any astute judge of the
human condition can easily predict that the next
chapter of 'SAHMD' will tell The Truth, The Whole
Truth, And Nothing But The Truth.

  Please read it, anyway...
  If you constantly remind yourself that I am a
madman, then you can relegate what I have to reveal
to your subconsious, and continue to chop wood and
carry water without feeling obligated to join me in
an assault on everything that righteous, Dog-Fearing
Netizens hold sacred.

The Retribution is NOW!

Thread