1998-05-13 - Re: Gary Lee Burnore is a Convicted Sex Offender in Raleigh, NC

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: be290d4c16a52ac07d37e10de4083c0d160b9701a838fbbe794e61b3cfedb36f
Message ID: <199805130137.DAA03874@basement.replay.com>
Reply To: <199805101850.LAA00114@sirius.infonex.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-05-13 01:37:11 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 18:37:11 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 18:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Gary Lee Burnore is a Convicted Sex Offender in Raleigh, NC

wmcclatc@primenet.com (William J. McClatchie)

> [anonymous makes illegal usage of information, as defined by the state he
> got the info from, and then whines]

And your legal basis for calling the posting of public information from a
public website to usenet "illegal usage" is ???  Presumably if the state
had wanted to keep the info secret, they wouldn't have made it public
available.

The only whining I've seen has been by Gary Burnore who complained that the
state of North Carolina failed to keep his conviction as a sex offender a
secret, and by various DataBasix sock puppets and groupies.

Burnore did the crime, he was convicted, he registered as a sex offender
with the state of NC, the information was made publicly available by the
state, and people found out as they were intended to.  Deal with it!

Maybe you ought to learn a little about remailers before you make such
ridiculous claims, McClatchie.  If I'm the person you say "whined", then
I'm *NOT* the same person who posted the information that Gary whined
about.  Sorry to burst Gary's bubble that all posts which poor little Gary
Burnore doesn't like originate from his one mythical "Anon Asshole <tm>".
In fact, the information is just as likely to have been posted anonymously
by YOU as by me.

> >It's people like you and Gary Burnore who threaten and harass people who
> >say things you don't like that make anonymous remailers necessary.
>
> >And it is assholes like you who ABUSE remailers that make them go away.

Let me get this straight...  Someone threatens a remailer user with
physical violence, I comment on it, and now I'm "abusing a remailer" just
because you don't like what I have to say?  Don't you think that's for the
remailer operator to decide?  Do you operate a remailer, McClatchie?

Thread