1998-06-25 - RE: CIA 4 Nags: Hackers Crypto Y2K Foreigners

Header Data

From: Ernest Hua <Hua@teralogic-inc.com>
To: “‘John Young’” <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: 4b679b633b1aaf4497108cfbdd2bae691c79ea54a06a45d04c7005f1c9a29fb1
Message ID: <413AC08141DBD011A58000A0C924A6D52C357D@MVS2>
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:45:19 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Ernest Hua <Hua@teralogic-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:45:19 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'John Young'" <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: RE: CIA 4 Nags: Hackers Crypto Y2K Foreigners

I just don't understand how, in 1998, anyone could let Tenet get away
with a claim about key recovery like this.  Didn't anyone ask him how he
expected high-tech hackers (especially those possibly aided by foreign
intelligence agencies) to use key recovery?

Ern