1998-06-04 - Re: anonymous mailboxes

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
To: Sprokkit Amhal <sprokkit@hotmail.com>
Message Hash: 765f85be232a118b332113057c2da6616e0222c78d19601d12875dbcab94c1c3
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.96.980604230249.3087A-100000@pakastelohi.cypherpunks.to>
Reply To: <19980604193606.27765.qmail@hotmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-06-04 21:10:55 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:10:55 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: Sprokkit Amhal <sprokkit@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: anonymous mailboxes

It was not my scheme. I simply gave a presentation at HIP of a system that
was designed by a person wishing to remain anonymous.

Much of the design has changed since. I am not at liberty to discuss
futher details. The original presentation in MS
PowerPoint format is still sitting at
http://www.cypherpunks.to/~shamrock/anonmail.ppt

I have no plans to update or convert this particular presentation.

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Sprokkit Amhal wrote:

>    Some time ago I heard about Lucky Green's then-immature scheme for
> anonymous email boxes, whereby a user can receive email and even a
> traffic analysis attacker is unable to glean information about who
> received what when.  I forget exactly what ve called vis method...
>

>    Is there a paper available anyplace?
>
>    Has the scheme been validated mathematically?
>
>    Has it been implemented?
>

>     ::sprokkit::

-- Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.
   "Tonga? Where the hell is Tonga? They have Cypherpunks there?"

Thread