1998-07-17 - Great News…

Header Data

From: The New York Times on the Web <announce@inbox.nytimes.com>
To: CUSTOMER@carta.nytimes.com
Message Hash: e2700ab35fdeddc3849645206fe3405c20818d6250034022be8f11d64aa3a362
Message ID: <199807171854.NAA3471112@inbox.nytimes.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:16:53 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: The New York Times on the Web <announce@inbox.nytimes.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
To: CUSTOMER@carta.nytimes.com
Subject: Great News...

Dear Subscriber,

The New York Times on the Web has made it easier for you to stay
current and to make your way around our site, with a newly redesigned
home page and the addition of two features, Quick News and Page One Plus.

*** OUR NEW HOME PAGE  ***

CONTINUOUS NEWS. Our new home page gives you an instant look at the
top news from The Times, with updates throughout the day reflecting
news judgments from the editorial team of The Times on the Web. Breaking
news from the Associated Press, refreshed every 10 minutes, gives you
an immediate take on the changing world. And a new ticker brings you
a quick look at the current state of the market.

IMPROVED NAVIGATION. We've also made it simpler to get around our site,
with an easy to find, easier to use navigation panel that takes you
directly to the major news and feature sections with fewer clicks.

MORE LINKS TO MORE STORIES. Top features from around the site are now
highlighted on the home page as well, giving you faster access to news
and features from The New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com

*** QUICK NEWS  ***

QUICK NEWS. Our new Quick News page is your best source for what's
happening right now. Regularly updated by the editors of The Times
on the Web, this page highlights and summarizes the top stories
developing at the moment, with links to other major news of the day.

http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/late/index.html

***  PAGE ONE PLUS ***

PAGE ONE PLUS. We've improved the presentation of the articles that
appear on the front page of the printed New York Times, with quick
links to the major sections of the newspaper.

http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/front/

We hope you'll make a point of visiting the site soon and letting
us know what you think.

Sincerely,
Rich Meislin
Editor in Chief
The New York Times Electronic Media Company

page "View or Edit Your Subscriber Profile", at:
http://www.nytimes.com/subscribe/help/email.html
Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Thread