1998-08-22 - Announcing: WWW Cryptography Article Database

Header Data

From: Bruce Schneier <schneier@counterpane.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0157a33e9fd0992f69ec114b4f591a8d29fb2343a03c35340882441925dced3f
Message ID: <4.0.1.19980817163823.00e564a0@mail.visi.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 22:26:34 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Bruce Schneier <schneier@counterpane.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 22:26:34 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Announcing:  WWW Cryptography Article Database

Announcing:  WWW CRYPTOGRAPHY ARTICLE DATABASE

Counterpane Systems
http://www.counterpane.com/biblio/

Counterpane Systems has created an extensive bibliography of links to
cryptography papers available on the World Wide Web.  We hope to
build a comprehensive database of published papers available on the
net, organized both by author and by year.

Users can view the bibliography by author (every author is indexed, not
just the first author) or by publication year.  There will also be a single
page containing all the citations, to facilitate searching the full bibliography
(by keyword, for example) with your browser's search function.

Counterpane wants this database to be a research tool for the community,
and for it to be continuously updated.  We will frequently monitor the
WWW for new articles for our database.  Researchers can also submit
articles for inclusion in the database using an on-line form; see the
webpage for details.

Please help.  If you have papers on the Web, please submit them into
our database.  If you know of any archives of papers that I missed,
please let me know.  If there are any features you'd like to see, please
suggest them.

Future enhancements include grouping of papers by subject, the
inclusion of searchable paper summaries, and the ability to comment on
research papers.  We hope to also broaden the scope of the database
to computer security in general.

Please take a moment to try out the Counterpane Cryptography Article
Database, and let us know what you think.

Thank you,
Bruce Schneier

Bruce Schneier, President, Counterpane Systems     Phone: 612-823-1098
101 E Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis, MN  55419      Fax: 612-823-1590
           Free crypto newsletter.  See:  http://www.counterpane.com

Thread