1998-08-12 - Curis LeMay theory of responsibility

Header Data

From: bill payne <billp@nmol.com>
To: sjmz@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Message Hash: 9621cd3d6974594b328fc8dcb30a8b2d1009fe227eb2a3341e6af4308bcc4a41
Message ID: <35D0F09A.1F4F@nmol.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:36:54 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: bill payne <billp@nmol.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: sjmz@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Curis LeMay theory of responsibility

Tuesday 8/11/98 6:56 PM

John Young
J Orlin Grabbe

Morales courtroom outcome today was perhaps most important for the
reason that judge Leroy Hansen dismissed all of the individually-named
defendants in Morales' case.

Hansen cited a Tenth circuit ruling where individually-named defendants
were dismissed.

The tenth circuit decision is monumental in that

1  one can only do discovery on individually-named defendants if some
opinion is correct.  Named parties.

Morales and I squeaked by in our NSA lawsuit because US assistant
attorney did not complain in time.

2  no one is INDIVIDUALLY to blame.  There is only an agency.

The LeMay theory is that EVERYONE is to blame.  This is after general
Curtis. http://www.psispy.com/ufo/people/l/lemay/

The LeMay theory is that if some government is doing something the US
government does not like, then the US begins to kill the citizens of the
errant government.

Doesn't make any difference what citizens.  All are treated equal.

After the US kills enough citizens, then the errant government stops
whatever offended the US.

2 is opposite the LeMay theory.

Problem is that few believe this.

Disbelivers revert to the LeMay theory.  Everyone is to blame.

Hence terrorism is justified.

The Allahu Akbar crowd has figured-out this.

Morales and I  are going to ATTEMPT to bring the guilty in our NSA
lawsuit to justice.

Wish us luck.

Later
bill

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
       FOR THE TENTH CIRCUIT

William H. Payne        	   	                     )
Arthur R. Morales                                               )
                                                                           )
Appellants Plaintiffs,                                           )
                                                                           )      98-2156
v                                                                         )	98-2157
					       )
Lieutenant General Kenneth A. Minihan, USAF )
Director, National Security Agency	                     )
National Security Agency		                     )
                                                                            )
Appellees Defendants                                           )

RESPONSE TO MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE MEMORANDUM BRIEFS
ADDRESSING JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES

1	COMES NOW appellant plaintiffs [Appellants - Plaintiffs] Payne [Payne] and Morales [Morales]

pro se litigants to exercise their rights  guaranteed under the Constitution and Federal Rules of Appellate

Procedure http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/docs/frap-iop.htm

  Any party may file a response in opposition to a motion other than one for procedural order
  [for which see subdivision (b)] within 7 days after service of the motion,  ...

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/docs/frap-iop.htm#27

and

  FRAP 26c  Additional Time after Service. When a party is required or permitted to act within a prescribed
  period after service of a paper upon that party, 3 calendar days are added to the prescribed period unless the
  paper is delivered on the date of service  stated in the proof of service.

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/docs/frap-iop.htm#26c

 MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE MEMORANDUM BRIEFS ADDRESSING
JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES  [MOTION] was served on August 3, 1998 by Jan E Mitchell [Mitchell],
Assistant US Attorney by mail.  Exhibit A.

2 Mitchell writes

  The Defendant-Appellee, National Security Agency [1], moves this Court for an Order extending the time
  to and including twenty-one (21) days following the date Plaintiffs-Appellants file their memorandum brief
  in which to file it memorandum briefs discussing jurisdictional issue in the above-referenced appeals. ...

    3.  Defendant-Appellee is not seeking an appeal and therefore, will NOT seek a certification for
  interlocutory appeal from the District Court's memorandum Opinion and Order entered April 30, 1998, nor
  will Defendant-Appellee seek an order explicitly adjudicating all remaining claims.

    4.  On July 22, 1998, Plaintiffs-Appellants were granted an extension until September 1, 1998 to respond to
  the Court's show cause orders of June 30, 1998.

    5 .  Defendant-Appellee seeks an additional twenty-one (21) days from the date in which Plaintiff's-
  Appellants' memorandum must be served in which to serve the memorandum briefs.  According to the Show
  Cause Order, if Appellants do not seek and obtain a certification for interlocutory appeal or a final dispositive
  adjudication concerning appeal N. 9821257, the appeal may be dismissed, in which case a jurisdictional brief
  would not be required as to that appeal.  Should Plaintiffs-Appellants seek and obtain a certification for
  interlocutory appeal pertaining to No. 2157, in the interest of economy, Defendant-Appellant seeks to file the
  two memorandum briefs on the two very related jurisdictional issues at one time.

    6.  Undersigned counsel for Defendant-Appellee has contacted Plaintiff-Appellant William H. Payne who
  has concurred on his own behalf and own behalf for Plaintiff-Appellant Arthur R. Morales in granting of this
  motion. ...

3  Payne confirms 6 above in  fax

Monday 8/3/98 3:41 PM

  FAX

  Jan Elizabeth Mitchell
  Assistant U.S. Attorney
  U.S. Department of Justice
  United States Attorney
  District of New Mexico
  Post Office Box 607
  Albuquerque, NM 87103
  505/346-7274
  505/766-2868
  FAX 505/346-7205

  Dear Ms Mitchell:

  Purpose of the fax is to

  1  review points covered in our 8/3/98 14:18 phone conversation
  2  suggest settlement.

  You phoned me today.

  You told me that you planned to file a motion or response to the Tenth circuit's
  request Morales and my response to the jurisdictional issue on the 21st of August.

  I told you that this was premature on your part since we had moved for a second time
  for an extension of time.

  I told you also that this matter was now before congress.

  You appeared to indicate to me that you were in the process of adding both Morales and
  Minihan as named parties in this appeal.

  You asked me if it would be agreeable to us if you filed a response to the Tenth circuit
  21 days AFTER Morales and I filed our response to the Tenth circuit on the jurisdictional
  issue.

  I AGREED.

  I spoke to Morales on the phone shortly after our phone conversation.

  Arguing points of law before court clerks and judges who have outstanding criminal complaint
  affidavits for crimes COMMITTED IN WRITING against them would be unproductive on Morales and my
  part.

  Therefore, we will proceed to resolve the criminal conduct on the part of judges and court clerks
  before we proceed further in this matter.

  We will do this at the Congressional level.

  Senate Judiciary Committe chairman Orrin Hatch, unfortunately, failed to properly process a valid
  complaint on New Mexico district court chief judge John Conway in 1995.
  http://www.jya.com/whp071598.htm

  Hatch's failure to properly respond in 1995, in large part, caused our current legal conflict with DIR NSA
  Minihan.

  We foresee an unfortunate escalation of hostilities if this matter proceeds as it is.

  We do not wish this.

  We seek settlement of the UNFORTUNATE matter at the earliest time.

  We ask your and Congressional help to settle this UNFORTUNATE matter before it gets WORSE.

  If I have made any essential material errors in reporting my impression of the contents of our conversation,
  then I would appreciate you giving your impression of possible errors.

  You can do this in the letter you said you would write to us.

  Sincerely,

  bill payne
  13015 Calle de Sandias NE
  Albuquerque, NM 87111

  Distribution

  Senate Judiciary Committee   e-mail
  Arthur R Morales e-mail

4  Michell responds to 3 in letter dated August 4, 1998.   Exhibit B

Mitchell writes

    I have received Mr. Payne's FAX dated August 3, 1998 at 4:22.  I want to clarify a few points. ...

    As to the caption of the appeal, I have noted in the motion for extension of time which has been filed with
  the Tenth Circuit that there was an additional Defendant numbed in the District Court case.  However, I am
  constrained at the time to use the caption which the Tenth Circuit is reflecting on its pleadings.

  I will forward your FAX suggesting settlement to Defendants.

				Sincerely,

				JOHN J. KELLY
				United States Attorney
				  signature
				JAN ELIZABETH MITCHELL
				Assistant U. S. Attorney

5  Federal Rules of Civil Procedure http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/overview.htm  Rule 54(b) states

(b) Judgment Upon Multiple Claims or Involving Multiple Parties.

  When more than one claim for relief is presented in an action, whether as a claim, counterclaim, cross-claim,
  or third-party claim, or when multiple parties are involved, the court may direct the entry of a final judgment
  as to one or more but fewer than all of the claims or parties only upon an express determination that there is
  no just reason for delay and upon an express direction for the entry of judgment. In the absence of such
  determination and direction, any order or other form of decision, however designated, which adjudicates
 fewer   than all the claims or the rights and liabilities of fewer than all the parties shall not terminate the
 action as to  any of the claims or parties, and the order or other form of decision is subject to revision at any
  time before the entry of judgment adjudicating all the claims and the rights and liabilities of all the parties.

Interpretation of meaning of 54(b) is

  RULE 54(b) JUDGMENTS UPON MULTIPLE CLAIMS OR INVOLVING MULTIPLE PARTIES

  CORE CONCEPT
     A judgment entered as to less than all claims in a lawsuit, or as to less than all parties in a lawsuit,
  is not immediately appealable.  Instead, the appeal must generally await the entry of judgment as to all
   remaining claims and parties.  However, the district court can make a judgment as to less than all claims or
  parties "final", and thus immediately appeals, by expressly certifying that no just cause exists to delay the
  appeal and by directing the entry of judgment.

  APPLICATIONS
     Prerequisites to Rule 54(b)

    There are three prerequisites for obtaining an immediately appealable judgment from the district court
  entered as to less than all claims or parties.

  1:  Multiple Claims or Parties Fully Resolved:  To be eligible for immediate appeal under Rule 54(b), a
  partial adjudication must either (a) finally resolve at least one claim or (b) finally resolve the rights and
  liabilities of  at least one party.  A claim or a party's interest MUST be adjudicated to finality, such that there
  is nothing more to do that claim or that party but await the conclusion of the remaining portion of the
  litigation.  This limitation is a pivotal one.  Rule 54(b) does not alter the normal rules of appellate finality for
  individuals claims, and no appeal may be taken from district court ruling or any particular claim until the
  court finally resolves that claim.

  Multiple claims exist where each claim is factually separate and independent, or where each claim could be
  enforced separately.

  2:  No just Cause for Delay:  The district court must state, in clear and unmistakable language, that there is
  no just cause to delay the appeal of the adjudicated claim or the adjudicated right and liability of a party.
  Whether "just cause" exists is a determination made on a case-by-case basis.  Certain criteria guide the
  court's consideration:

  o  The relationship between adjudicated and unadjudicated claims;

  o  The possibility that the need for appellate review might be mooted by future developments in district court;

  o  The possibility that the district court might be obligated to consider the same issue on a later occasion;

  o  The presence (or absence) or a claim or counterclaim that could result in a set-off against the judgment
  now sought to be made final and appealable; and

  o  Other factors, including delay, economic and solvency concerns, shortening of trial time, frivolity or
  competing claims, and expense.

  3:  Entry of judgment:  In clear and unmistakable language, the district court must also direct that judgment
  is entered as to that one claim or one party.

  Explanation by the District Court

    In its order entering a Rule 54(b) judgment, the district court must clearly explain why it has concluded that
  an immediate appellate review of that order is advisable.

  Burden of Proof

    The moving party bears the burden of establishing that a partial judgment should be entered under Rule
  54(b).

  Discretion of District Judge

    Whether to enter a judgment under Rule 54(b) is reserved to the sound discretion of the district judge.  Such
  arguments are contrary to the historic federal policy against piecemeal appeals.  For this reason, Rule 54(b)
  orders are not granted routinely or an accommodation to counsel.  Instead, the district court must carefully
  balance the needs of the parties for an immediate appeal against the interests of efficient management of the
  litigation.

   Motions for Rule 54(b) Judgments

    A party may file a motion with the court to certify under Rule 54(b), or the court may do so on its own
  initiative.

  Effects of Rule 54(b) Judgments

    Once entered, the time for appeal on the judgment begins to run, and does post-judgment interest.

  Appealability of Denials for Rule 54(b) Requests

    Allowing immediate appellate review of "partial" final judgments is a practice that departs from the federal
  courts' traditional opposition to piecemeal appeals.  Rule 54(b), thus, represents an unusual exception to this
  settled policy.  Predictably, the court reject immediate attempt to challenge denials of Rule 54(b) judgments
  as premature and unappealable until a final ruling his entered on the merits.

   Federal Civil Rules Handbook  1996, Baicker-McKee, Janssen, Corr, West Publishing Company

6  Appellants-Plaintiffs assert that there is NO REASON to seek a Rule 54 (b) certification for the

REASON THAT New Mexico district judge Santiago Campos [Campos] already issued such certification.

FACT 1   4 May 1998  Campos writes

  NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED that sua sponte, Defendant is DEEMED by the Court to be the NSA,
  and not Lt. Gen. Kenneth A. Minihan. Future captions for this case should reflect this change.

  IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant's Motion to Dismiss Plaintiff Morales is GRANTED.

 http://jya.com/whp043098.htm

1: [A] claim or a party's interest MUST be adjudicated to finality ... has been satisfied.

FACT 2   2:  is satisfed.   [N]o just Cause for Delay:

Dismissing Minihan and Morales have nothing to do with the remaining claims of whether AppelleeS-

DefendantS Minihan and NSA provide lawfully requested documents on

	1  Iran messages given to Iraq during the Iraq/Iran war. http://www.aci.net/kalliste/speccoll.htm
	    http://caq.com/cryptogate
              2  Libyan message intercepted by the US
	3  deficient NSA cryptographic algorithms

FACT 3    3: In clear and unmistakable language, the district court must also direct that judgment
                     is entered as to that one claim or one party.

  NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED that sua sponte, Defendant is DEEMED by the Court to be the NSA,
  and not Lt. Gen. Kenneth A. Minihan. Future captions for this case should reflect this change.

  IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant's Motion to Dismiss Plaintiff Morales is GRANTED.

   http://jya.com/whp043098.htm is QUITE CLEAR.

FACT 4   Motions for Rule 54(b) Judgments

    A party may file a motion with the court to certify under Rule 54(b), or the court may do so on its own
    initiative.

Campos issues Rule 54(b) certification ON HIS OWN INITIATIVE.

     However, I shall await decision on the appeals before the Tenth circuit prior to setting a date for
     presentment of the classified Declaration or before taking any further action in this case.

FACT 5  Therefore, no Rule 54(b) certification needs to be sought by Appellants-Plaintiffs.

7  Campos did not explicitly state in Campos's June 29, 1998 letter http://jya.com/sec062998.htm

or in Campos' MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER http://jya.com/whp043098.htm that a

Rule 54(b) decision was issued.  Therefore, Appellants-Plaintiffs seek to clarify Campos intention

  Wednesday 8/11/98

  Certified   Return receipt requested

  Santiago E. Campos, Senior Judge
  P.O. Box 2244
  U.S. Courthouse
  South Federal Place
  Santa Fe, NM 87504-2244

  Re: William H. Payne v. National Security Agency
  Civ. No. 97-0266 SC/DJS

  Dear Judge Campos,

  We assume that your statement

    However, I shall await decision on the appeals before the Tenth circuit prior to setting a date for
    presentment of the classified Declaration or before taking any further action in this case.

 in your June 29, 1998 letter seen at http://jya.com/sec062998.htm is a sua sponte Rule 54(b) certification
 for immediate appeal.

  If we are incorrect in our assumption, then we ask that you write us and explain why we would need to
  wait to appeal.

  Clearly we have satisfied the three conditions required for immediate appeal which we are sure you are
  acquainted.

  If not, however,  these conditions are included  in Federal Civil Rules Handbook  1996, Baicker-McKee,
  Janssen, Corr, West Publishing Company

  Also, we would ask that you justify seeking permission for appeal from a judge who has issued a
  MEMORANDUM OPINION AND ORDER when appellants have satisfied Rule 54(b) conditions if you
  choose to respond negative.

  If we do not hear from you Monday August 31, 1998, then we will treat our assumption as correct.

  Sincerely

  William H. Payne             	   	 Arthur R. Morales
  13015 Calle de Sandias NE          	               1024 Los Arboles NW
  Albuquerque, NM 87111              	 Albuquerque, NM 87107

 8  Appellants-Plaintiffs receive   Exhibit C

  UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
  FOR THE TENTH CIRCUIT

  WILLIAM H. PAYNE; ARTHUR R.
  MORALES
					Nos. 98-2156
    	Plaintiff - Appellants,		        98-2157

  NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY,
             Defendant - Appellee.

                                ORDER
		Filed August 6, 1998

    The appellants and appellee are granted additional time until September 21, 1998
  to this court's show cause order of June 30, 1998.  All other requests contained in the
  appellants; motion filed August 4, 1998 are referred to the panel of judges who will hear
  this case on the merits.

			Entered for the Court
			PATRICK FISHER, Clerk of Court

			by: signature Randy Simmons?
  			Deputy Clerk

A  Hearing MUST be corrected to include defendant Minihan.

B  Clerk FISHER has not addressed his removal from the appeal for previous title 18 felony violations of

law.

C  ORDER does not address selection of three judge panel so not to include judges accused of Title 18 felony

violations of law or biased judges.

WHEREFORE

9  CORRECT ORDER Filed August 6, 1998 to include NSA Director Minihan. for reason

              1  Find out who is RESPONSIBLE
	2  Hold them ACCOUNTABLE
	3  Hold them individually and their agency FINANCIALLY LIABLE

Possiblity exists that some may pay with their lives for http://www.aci.net/kalliste/speccoll.htm
http://caq.com/cryptogate  http://jya.com/whpfiles.htm if this matter is NOT PEACEFULLY SETTLED.

10  EXPLICITLY RESPOND to request for removal of clerks FISHER and Hoecker from this appeal.

11  EXPLAIN how an unbiased panel of judges can be found at the Tenth circuit.

Respectfully submitted,

                    William H. Payne
                    13015 Calle de Sandias NE
                    Albuquerque, NM 87111

                    Arthur R. Morales
                    1024 Los Arboles NW
                    Albuquerque, NM 87107

                    Pro se litigants

               CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

I HEREBY CERTIFY that a copy of the foregoing response and motion
was mailed to Lieutenant General Kenneth A. Minihan, USAF,
Director,  National Security Agency, National Security Agency,
9800 Savage Road, Fort George G. Meade, MD 20755-6000
and mailed to Jan E Mitchell, Assistant US Attorney,
9 Floor, Bank of America Building, 3rd and Tijeras, ABQ, NM 87102
an original and three copies as required by FRAP 27(d)
http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/docs/frap-iop.htm#27d United States Court of
Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1823 Stout Street, Denver, Co 80257 by CERTIFIED
RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED mail August 11, 1998.

9

Thread