1998-08-19 - RE: your mail

Header Data

From: “Brown, R Ken” <brownrk1@texaco.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bcd95d57b11cabe36c0dccb2483dd918de86b09e81d360fa04110ad4054bf6b4
Message ID: <896C7C3540C3D111AB9F00805FA78CE2013F8372@MSX11002>
Raw Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 02:34:18 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "Brown, R Ken" <brownrk1@texaco.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 02:34:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: your mail

Tim Griffiths wrote:

> Jim Burnes wrote:
>> I usually ignore these type of messages, but this one gets my vote
>> for the most clueless post of all time. ;-)
>and then Bernardo replied to John Perry's troll, err, offer of help...
>>>Sure thing! Just send us your full name, address (mailing and
physical),
>>>and phone number. I'm sure you will get plenty of help.
>>Here is my address
>>26 H Kamagong St., Commonwealth, Quezon City, Philippines,1121
>I reckon that one gets my vote...:)

:-)

But even Cluelesser is the guy who just asked for help with a firewall
configuration on the NT system admin list and gave a 5 screensfull
description of how they have set up their firewall and servers,
what proxies they have, what they block and allow through...
down to and including saying that they *haven't* installed the
MS recommended hotfixes for NT security.

Of course, it could always be bait.

As, I suppose, could the Italian Bank post, although
if I was dragnetting for stupid hackers I'd have hoped
I'd be able to come up with something more plausible.

Ken Brown

Thread