1998-09-23 - Re: Jury duty considered harmful, or at least rare

Header Data

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 0445b642f4beeaea99843e83903620212f86bfd2617cf6b385ac0eb9509f7c33
Message ID: <v04101900b22f59c441e1@[192.168.16.6]>
Reply To: <19980924015428.2767.qmail@hades.rpini.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-23 13:06:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:06:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:06:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Jury duty considered harmful, or at least rare

At 1:54 AM +0000 9/24/98, Anonymous wrote:
>So you basically wind up with juries which are stacked with welfare
>recipients, stupid people, and retirees. A jury of retirees may work, but
>the others surely don't.

Actually, the last time that I was called, the largest proportion of potential
jurors were people who work for the government in one form or another.

City park workers, school teachers, post office workers, clerical workers
who work at city hall, etc.

Retirees were the next largest group.

Between the two, they accounted for 80+ of the jury pool.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Adobe Systems   <mailto:mclow@mailhost2.csusm.edu>

"Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American people time
and time again, and betrayed their trust.  He is no longer an effective
leader.  Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to put the
American people through an impeachment.  He will serve absolutely no
purpose in finishing out his term, the only possible solution is for the
president to save some dignity and resign."

	-- William Jefferson Clinton
	    speaking in 1974 about President Nixon and Watergate

Thread