1998-09-14 - Re: Clinton–Why I am Chortling

Header Data

From: “Lynne L. Harrison” <lharrison@dueprocess.com>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 1e91f0c5a007708e4073eca12da2e70b0e9168182d7848d76c6225e5b64acf97
Message ID: <3.0.5.32.19980914122452.0086a750@pop.mhv.net>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980914032054.007d3b40@pop.mhv.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-14 03:22:48 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:22:48 +0800

Raw message

From: "Lynne L. Harrison" <lharrison@dueprocess.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:22:48 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Clinton--Why I am Chortling

And at 07:31 AM 9/14/98 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>Just to be clear, I didn't write any of the above that was attributed to
>me. Declan wrote it.
>I don't even know what a "gender feminist" is.  Some kind of typical
>feminazi or feminista screwball, I assume.

My mistake.  Sometimes when you're reading a post that's been re-quoted
several times, it gets confusing as to who posted what.

>As for Monica-Clinton, what appears to be the case doesn't matter in some
>ideologies. Can meaningful consent be given with such a power imbalance?
>-Declan

I don't see a power imbalance here.  If a young woman in her 20's
invitingly flashes her thong panties at a man, I don't see how she can be
portrayed as the victim.  The only way that the issue of power arises is
that Monica was not overwhelmed by someone in power - she was attracted to
the power.

On another but connected note, explain why Monica saved that dress!  I
found this little tidbit to be the "yuck" factor...

Lynne L. Harrison, Esq.           |    "The key to life:
Poughkeepsie, New York            |     - Get up;
mailto:lharrison@dueprocess.com   |     - Survive;
http://www.dueprocess.com         |     - Go to bed."

DISCLAIMER:  I am not your attorney; you are not my client.
             Accordingly, the above is *NOT* legal advice.

Thread