1998-09-30 - hoodwinking congress

Header Data

From: bill payne <billp@nmol.com>
To: ukcrypto@maillist.ox.ac.uk
Message Hash: 2ec5592384dd88e06be3db1ddd3c1fa5c44d6a4f7c7ea533b1b6d2a6b3923698
Message ID: <36123260.2E7B@nmol.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:44:32 +0800

Raw message

From: bill payne <billp@nmol.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:44:32 +0800
To: ukcrypto@maillist.ox.ac.uk
Subject: hoodwinking  congress

Wednesday 9/30/98 6:57 AM

J Orlin Grabbe
John Young

I read      Operating Systems
           Netscape & Intel Grab On to Red Hat
                                 Linux
                   as Windows NT Alternative

at http://www.aci.net/kalliste/ this morning.

I have to get my "green machine" http://www.metriguard.com/HCLT.HTM
assembler code ported to Visual Basic 6.0 using MASM 6.11.

Yesterday I discovered that VB 6.0 uses the flat model.  Thirty-two bit
addresses.
No segment registers.

No longer will code be backward compatible on Intel processors.

One of my next steps is to get the digital FX working, of course, then
port the PC
sides to NT.

VB 6.0 is using Microsoft's optimized C compiler to do the Visual Basic
compilation!

I learned yesterday evening that the PC Data System in Australia is
grading lumber at
2,000 feet per second.

I was in Grangeville, Id at Sherer planer mill in about January of 1996
testing out PC Data System.

  PC Data System - Pentium PC & Windows (R) software system for
production-line lumber     testing - CLT & HCLT
http://www.metriguard.com/METPROD.HTM

I was told last night that Sherer system was only running 800 per
minute.

2 x 12 about 16 feet long planks were running continuously through the
machine at Sherer.  Wewear ear plugs the noise was deafening.

Sure be fun to get this mess settled so that I could do more work with
NT.

We are in a lull in the GREAT FIGHT.  http://jya.com/whpfiles.htm

I thoroughly enjoyed http://www.jya.com/itl-news.htm government crypto
propaganda attempt in view of Black and White.
http://www.aci.net/kalliste/bw1.htm
http://www.zolatimes.com/v2.29/bw1.html

Let's hope some FINALLY figure out that NSA, NIST, and the FBI are
hoodwinking
congress on the crypto issue merely for business reasons.

Let's all hope for settlement before this matter gets WORSE.

Later
bill

Thread