1998-09-17 - cypherpunks, Are You Infringing someone’s trademark rights?

Header Data

From: hark12@eudoramail.com
To: cypherpunks@infonex.com
Message Hash: 41acae56e903f34f24f3cde22203fbb2334cf7abda999bea1d339bcb9ef6fde5
Message ID: <199809181003.DAA15716@sirius.infonex.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 06:08:54 +0800

Raw message

From: hark12@eudoramail.com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 06:08:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@infonex.com
Subject: cypherpunks, Are You Infringing someone's  trademark rights?

Hi cypherpunks,

Please reply with subject "remove" to be removed
 Every day some small business person finds them selves on the receiving end
of a law suit filed by a multi-national corporation with deep pockets. They
claim infringement on their trademark rights. Currently their wealth means
they are winning by default. We want to make you aware of your rights so
you do not find yourself in the position of being the next "someone" the big
boys decide to make an example of in court.

As a user of the Internet you are entitled to use your domain name, as your
trademark, without fear of being sued. However, not everyone knows the
secrets to proper use and as such they have left themselves wide open to
attack. We have prepared an article titled "How to correctly use your
domain name". We invite you to read it. You will find the article at

http://www.arvic.com/library/domanuse.asp

If you are a small business person using the Internet to market your
business and your products then perhaps you will be interested in reading
the companion article on "How to use your Corporate or Product names as
trademarks". You will find this article at

http://www.arvic.com/library/useoftm.asp

We are Arvic Search Services Inc. We operate TMWeb the "Home of the $25.00
Canadian & American trademark search". Since 1982 we have grown to become
one of the most dominant advocates of small business rights both on and off
the Internet. We help individuals protect their rights to use unregistered,
as well as registered, trademarks without incurring the cost of
registration. We will even show you, at no charge, how to conduct your own
trademark searches.

If you are currently the owner of a trademark then you may find our article
on "The do's and don'ts of Trademark use" of interest. You will find this
article located at;

http://www.arvic.com/library/buz004.asp

We believe it is in your best interest to learn as much as you can about
trademarks, the rights of trademark owners and your rights as an Internet
citizen. We invite you to visit our web sites. There you will find, in
addition to the above, a number of guides and "How to" articles that should
be of assistance. You will also learn more about us and the services we
offer. When you visit our sites you will find our North America wide toll
free phone number located on the bottom of every page. We encourage you to
call and discuss any trademark, trade name or domain name issue of concern
to you.

Victor G. Arcuri
Arvic Search Services Inc.
Registered Trademark Agents
#1710, 505 - 3rd Street SW
Calgary, Alberta  Canada  T2P 2E6
Local Phone (403) 234-0844  Local Fax (403) 294-0944
Toll Free across North America 1-888-227-8421
Please visit our web sites
http://www.arvic.com    and    http://www.tmweb.com

This is the first time I have done this type of promotion. I am not even
certain that I have worded this information correctly. If you see where I
have made a mstake by omission then I ask that you advise me of same so
that I get the best possible return from these mailings.

We did not discuss whcih day of the week you would be sending the mail. I
would ask that you waite until next tuesday to send the Canadian. Monday is
a holiday. The US mailings can go at your convenience.