1998-09-15 - Re: Predictions: Crime and Criminal Justice in the 21st Century

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 5adf7106bd771416e8ae649b80ffd6fd85e37f29616faff00f4c9d6821f636c1
Message ID: <v03130304b224ef2238b4@[209.66.100.71]>
Reply To: <35FDD227.4C7D@yankton.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-15 15:31:04 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:31:04 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:31:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Predictions: Crime and Criminal Justice in the 21st Century

At 10:22 AM -0700 9/15/98, Sunder wrote:
>nnburk wrote:
>>
>> Predictions: Crime and Criminal Justice in the 21st Century
>>
>> 1.      The United States will experience a significant economic
>> recession/crisis very close to the turn of the Century.
>
>I see this as well and agree with it.  The recent stock market rocking
>back and
>forth is a sign that something sucks, and sucks badly.

Actually, I think much too much is being made of utterly _tiny_ percentage
moves in the stock market. The "Big Crash" a couple of weeks ago was the
"second largest point loss in the the history of the Dow Jones Industrial
Average."

Ah, but it was only #58 in terms of percentage.

And so on. The "rocking back and forth" is well within historical
standards. In fact, it's much less than we've seen at other times in the
past 25 years.

--Tim May

(This space left blank pending determ. of acceptability to the gov't.)