1998-09-15 - Re: Larry Gilbert, AOLers, and the Hyper-real flamer

Header Data

From: “Rain Dog” <rain_dog_@hotmail.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6a7331e45f4eb0e1b56da65f68ae7620de515771f3e793b5e40cf1b78afe467e
Message ID: <19980916100923.15676.qmail@hotmail.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 05:15:14 +0800

Raw message

From: "Rain Dog" <rain_dog_@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 05:15:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Larry Gilbert, AOLers, and the Hyper-real flamer

AIMSX@aol.com wrote:

> Actually.. I am getting a SunOS Shell account this weekend.  AOL has
> improved
> service somewhat, and it is now possible to use Netscape (or any other
> browser) along with it.

Of course, 32-bit AOL allows you to use all the TCP/IP protocols...

> As for me paying it... I just became old enough to work (finally)
> about a month ago, and I am only making minimum wage, and the hours
> are not good enough for me to be able to keep up my hobbies of
paintball,
> computer upgrades, and Internet alone.

Do you follow these hobbies simultaneously, or do you do 'Internet-ing'
as
a separate activity to paintballing your upgrades?
Isn't 'Internet-ing' similar to 'road-ing' or 'railway-ing'?

> Therefore... she pays for it, I wash dishes...

These two are related?

> ...not all AOLers are stupid warez lovers that don't know cu from cd.

Fine. Obvious. Not all arabs mug me in the streets of Jerusalem. Enough
have tried to make me wary. Why not shut the hell up bitching about how
much we hate AOL-ers and demonstrate some reason for being on this
list in the first place, other than 'Internet-ing'.

Tim G