1998-09-08 - Re: crossposting

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: Mark Hedges <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 77bd9a1ccc5f54ead8d5362a534ed78cba7edc5208b4e1691d2dd24717ccb84f
Message ID: <v0313030eb21a5206cc48@[209.66.100.36]>
Reply To: <s5f44f00.016@aba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-08 03:23:05 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:23:05 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:23:05 +0800
To: Mark Hedges <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: crossposting

At 7:30 PM -0700 9/7/98, Mark Hedges wrote:
>Ya know, I sometimes cross-post across lists when I shouldn't, so I'm
>guilty of that too, but now that I'm on so many of these lists, I really
>see the reasons behind one of the biggest complaints. I'm getting about 4
>copies of each of the messages in the Vince Cate thread.
>
><insert gratuitous 'me too' here>

I stay off of these proliferating lists. The Cypherpunks list was the first
one, and despite its many flaws over the years, it's enough for me.

I'm not on the Lewispunks list, nor the Perrypunks list, nor any of the
many Hettingapunks lists. And when the Cypherpunks list briefly became the
Sandypunks list, I left for a while.

Works for me. Cypherpunks...the Real Thing (TM).

BTW, I dislike getting all these crossposts from Lewispunks, Perrypunks,
and Hettingapunks, all the more so when attempting to _reply_ to these
messages often generates "You have no permission to post to this list"
them appropriately.

--Tim May

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of
tyrants...."
Licensed Ontologist              | black markets, collapse of governments.

Thread