1998-09-10 - Re: toto

Header Data

From: Alia Johnson <lodi@well.com>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Message Hash: 83d6a594141bb601a705f411c2807ad753546c973bb043f8963e4668ac45e1e8
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980910150537.4506A-100000@well.com>
Reply To: <Pine.GSO.3.95.980903194936.773B-100000@well.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-10 09:17:15 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:17:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Alia Johnson <lodi@well.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:17:15 +0800
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject: Re: toto

Declan, I did look up your stuff on the internet and thanks. I'm writing
to let you know that as of yesterday it has been 14 days since the court
(Judge Fior) ordered CJ moved to a psychiatric facility and they still
have not moved him. No one has heard from him for a few days. I talked to
him last week and he was okay but going through some hard times.

Bogart, the lawyer in Tucson, if he does not hear about CJ's move by
romorrow will request a hearing demanding what is going on. But the prison
is not cooperative in communicating even with him. Cj has apparently not
got it together to put me on the visitors list but he seems not to have
got my mail with my SS # etc. that the prison requires in order to let
visitors come. Then they spend ten days establishing that you're not a
criminal. Jesus.

Any the lawyer does think that he will be moved to Springfield. The family
is in terror that he will disappear into there or be committed for a long
time or for life. I have asked his Texas lawyer Dowling, just today,
whether we can retain him to represent Cj's interest with respect to what
is happening with the psychiatric evaluation, and haven't heard back from
him yet.

I am writing to ask you to help me: will you point me to information on
Springfield, its reputation, rules, accessibility of information on how
patients/inmates are being treated, etc.? Any information you can help me
locate would be very welcome.

Thanks.  Alia J

P.S. I saw the request for a picture/cd of music, whatever, I'll look.

Here are a couple of his porno country/western song titles:  "turning good
girls bad, most fun I ever had."  "I'll give you my heart, but my dick
belongs to mama." "there's no niggers left in Oakland, and all myh lies
are true."  C.J. also wrote some absolutely beautiful lyric songs, and of
course his classic "Jesus Lives in Garberville" about a dope raid on the
long-haired barefoot blissed-out guy living on the land....

What's your mailing address?

And thanks again for your help, and for contacting CJ. He was happy to
hear that we had talked. But I think he's not getting all his mail.

Alia

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> I'd also be interested in seeing a copy of the RCMP page, on his old
> sympatico.ca/carljohn account.
>
> -Declan
>

> On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, John Young wrote:
>
> > I tried today to speak to Toto's attorney in Tucson, John Bogart
> > (520-624-8196), and another in Texas supposedly involved,
> > Larry Dowling (512-892-3393), but neither returned messages.
> > Bogart's secretary later said he did not want to talk -- to me at least.
> >
> > Next, I called the jail (520-868-3668) to get it's policy on
> > contacting Toto. No incoming calls, he can call out. Mail to
> > him okay:
> >
> >    Carl Edward Johnson
> >    Inmate Number 05 98 7196
> >    CCA
> >    1155 North Dinal Parkway
> >    Florence, AZ 85232
> >
> > Other reports, leads or news welcome. Anybody got a photo,
> > a CD of his music or hallelujahs? A mirror of his RCMP taunt?

Thread