1998-09-21 - Re: Clinton’s fake apologies (fwd)

Header Data

From: Steve Bryan <sbryan@vendorsystems.com>
To: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
Message Hash: 9549edae3dd6d29b5df8ef15a260465c45424340b58652d926496066b8159175
Message ID: <v03102801b22c78717df0@[192.168.3.63]>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980920152605.0086ba30@205.83.192.13>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-21 09:20:47 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:20:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Steve Bryan <sbryan@vendorsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:20:47 +0800
To: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
Subject: Re: Clinton's fake apologies (fwd)

>Petro wrote:
>>
>> At 11:50 AM -0500 9/21/98, Michael Motyka wrote:
>> >Starr's base approach to justice is the opening shot of what I hope
>> >turns into an all-out scorched-earth battle. Let 'em all fall down. I'm
>> >just afraid that when it's over the only people who will be willing to
>> >run for public office will be truly dangerous people who have no respect
>> >for liberty not of their own definition.
>>
>>         Which is different from today how?
>>
>In spite of their <numerous?> shortcomings, many of today's politicians
>in both parties seem to be fairly pragmatic, 'middle of the road' types.
>If the only people who can pass muster under the emerging standards are
>religous fundamentalists then we will have a Bill of Rights under attack
>problem that is another order of magnitude greater than we have right
>now. Scares me because while I'm pretty much a live and let live sort,
>some of the fundamentalists I've known are not very tolerant.
>
>Mike

I know it's a mistake to reply to this stuff but it would be nice for
someone to maintain the context. Clinton was on trial for sexual
harrassment. When giving testimony under oath he chose to lie in order to
cover his own ass. I don't much care about the private lives of politicians
but I do care how they behave in public places like courts of law. That is
what he is trouble for, not for his filandering proclivities which were
public known before he became president. Just to help the Clintonites
understand: "It's about perjury, stupid!"

Steve Bryan
Vendorsystems International
email: sbryan@vendorsystems.com
icq: 5263678
pgp fingerprint: D758 183C 8B79 B28E 6D4C  2653 E476 82E6 DA7C 9AC5

Thread