1998-09-09 - Re: Citizenship silliness. Re: e$: crypto-expatriatism

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: b48ca67700aa1dcb34a18b076db6a3defccfc3f400a62ca9135346b6a1f2f003
Message ID: <v03130300b21c8c598f73@[209.66.100.149]>
Reply To: <v03130305b21bb44e5bb2@[209.66.100.149]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-09 07:06:21 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:06:21 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:06:21 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Citizenship silliness.  Re: e$: crypto-expatriatism

At 11:25 AM -0700 9/9/98, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>After the various battles of this 50 year war large percentages of the
>Palestinian population left Israelie held territory, but this had more to
>do with the Arab leaders calling for them to do so (and their not wanting
>to live under Israelie rule) than it did with the Jews pushing them out.

Yes, many farmers and others left the war zone  in 1948 to stay with
relatives and friends and such in safer areas. Can anyone blame them?

Ah, but now they and their children and grandchildren and
great-grandchildren live in tents in refugee camps for a simple reason:
they were not allowed to return to their homes and land.

Did this vacation in Jordan or Egypt or Lebanon or wherever mean they lost
the title to their homes and land? Apparently the newly arrived transplants
from Poland and Latvia and such felt this to be the case.

This is comparable to my going to Oregon to escape the Reconquista Wars in
California, and returning a few months later to find the borders sealed.
(Issues that those who departed may have fallen behind in mortgage payments
and had their farms repossesed by banks, etc., are clearly separable...and
minor, from my readings of Middle Eastern history.)

"You left your land. Enjoy your life in the tent camp at the
Oregon-California border. Meanwhile, your ranch is now my ranch. Oh, and
could give me all of your spare keys? And how does the sprinkler system
work?"

Israel is based on moral bankruptcy. The supposed guilt of the West (huh?
we didn't gas the Jews, and we lost millions of lives fighting Hitler) led
to the "ragheads" being kicked off their land.

--Tim May

"The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of
tyrants...."
Licensed Ontologist              | black markets, collapse of governments.

Thread