1998-09-09 - Re: Carl Johnson Warrant and Complaint

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
Message Hash: bf9c901855c72063d95215eefac689492c49d5c83f6b4d3824a51a21b5efd241
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.980909121406.27131X-100000@well.com>
Reply To: <v03110700b21c426498f5@[206.189.103.244]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-09 06:15:46 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 14:15:46 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 14:15:46 +0800
To: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
Subject: Re: Carl Johnson Warrant and Complaint

Well, there's a little more to the "bomb" incident than that. Read
tomorrow's Netly News report on the Nutly News bomber for more info...

-Declan

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Petro wrote:

> At 8:40 PM -0500 9/8/98, Eric Cordian wrote:
> >> Thanks to anonymous we offer the arrest warrant and
> >> complaint against Carl Edward Johnson:
> >
> >I conclude:
> >
> >A. There actually exist federal investigators who have nothing
> >   better to do with their lives than read the complete writings
> >   of the Performance Artists Sometimes Known as "Toto," and
> >   engage in endless mental masturbation over the hidden messages
> >   they imagine to be contained therein.
>
> 	He <allegedly allegedly allegedly> planted a bomb. Like Mr. Bell,
> this is a very dumb thing to do, especially when the bomb didn't go off.
>

> >B. When writing parody on the subject of AP, it is best not to
> >   employ the names of actual federal slackers, lest the clueless
> >   investigators actually believe them to be targeted in some fashion.
>
> 	If they had a sense of humor, they wouldn't work for the government.
>
> petro@playboy.com----for work related issues. I don't speak for Playboy.
> petro@bounty.org-----for everthing else.      They wouldn't like that.
>                                               They REALLY
> Economic speech IS political speech.          wouldn't like that.

Thread