1998-09-09 - IP: [Fwd: Govt.Storing MRE’s In Caves]

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: c1bdf28c107984b173035ef7e2fb506b0b8f2c82a688afa8a18c0c211fb0d647
Message ID: <199809090224.TAA18245@netcom13.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 10:32:05 +0800

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 10:32:05 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: IP: [Fwd: Govt.Storing MRE's In Caves]

From: me <bucsplace@cchat.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 08:45:42 -0400
To: IP <ignition-point@majordomo.pobox.com>

--------------08FDE2A053FE721F529722FE

--------------08FDE2A053FE721F529722FE

From: "Steve" <peach2@rocketmail.com>
Newsgroups: misc.survivalism
Subject: Re: Govt.Storing MRE's In Caves
Date: 7 Sep 1998 23:00:31 GMT

I can vouch for the existance of these caves in KC.....been by there many
times in the days of my youth( lived there '56-'88). The interesting thing
is the government(FED) kicked the private business's that were using them
for warehousing/storage out....declaring that the caves were unsafe and
dangerous. Funny thing is.....they weren't unsafe enough for the FED's to
use.
Steve
West Texas
--
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and
  the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow

PAPACHUBY2 <papachuby2@aol.com> wrote in article
<1998090721534800.RAA12052@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
 Hi, This is off the Ark list.  Interesting.  S.

 Below are two differnet notes that I received today.  I took all
 the return paths off of these so that they can be passed around.
 I personally know both sources and they are EXTREMELY credible.
 Perhaps we can locate a source near Kansas City..to look into
 this (with pictures)......I am MOST curious...
 marie
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 name

 Here's the post I received yesterday from a Y2K chat friend
 regarding the situation. The second message is one I received today
 from him. He'll be keeping me posted on what else he learns.

 Jeff

Yesterday's Post-------

Dear friends,

As some of you know, I live in a poor and working class
neighborhood in kansas city, and am involved with various activities that
help poor people become less poor.  As part of this, I often take in
people who are homeless, or would be if not for a safe harbor. One of my
housemates just got a four month temporary job unloading trucks at an
underground storage center located near my neighborhood (KC has a lot of
underground  limestone caves that are used for storage). Anyway, this
particular contract is a government contract, and  the product being
unloaded and stored is MRE's. that is, "meal  ready to eat", which i
believe is the current incarnation of the old army c rations. how many
mre's are on a truck? all day, 8 hours a  day, for four months.
that is a LOT of meals ready to eat.

Note that I didn't hear this from somebody who heard from somebody, i
heard this from somebody in my own household who is unloading the mres,
beginning at 7:30 in the am.

Three things: First, I am comforted to know that this large amount of
food is being stored here locally. Second, if you have any fiends or
acquaintances who do temporary labor or casual jobs, you might ask
around and see if any such operations are going on in your city.Three,
somebody is taking this really seriously. mre's aren't cheap.

Today's Post --------------

Dear Jeff and everybody,

Today they unloaded nine trucks, and then were let go early
because some additional expected trucks didn't show. It takes two
guys about 1-1/2 hours to unload a truck, and each gets $35. Don't know
if this space has been used to store mre's before, but that's on the list
of questions to scope out.  It does seem to be a government contract,
the supervisors seem sure of that. It has been confirmed that this is
new, that is, it isn't the regular cold storage location for Ft.
Leonard Wood, etc. One of the other laborers said that each truck
had 3500 cases, so today there were nine trucks times 3500 cases
equals 31,500 cases. Anybody know how  many mre's are in a case?
This would seem to be literally an  enormous amount of food, as if
there were six mre's in each case, that  would mean 189,000 means
were unloaded today alone, and today was a short day.  He was called
back to work at 3:30 in the afternoon, but  the expected trucks still
didn't arrive.

Note that the laborers apparently have to +spc- a certain
amount of time sitting around and waiting. Since the contract is for
four months, 22 work days a month, and if today's unloading was an
average work day, and there are at least six mre's per case, then
we're talking a minimum of 16,632,000 mres. Any way you look at that,
it is a large amount of prepared food, being tucked securely away
in a limestone cavern in KCMO.

It's three meals a day for 500,000 people for 11 days, and that's
the low estimate, since today was deemed a slack day by those doing
the labor.

 - - - - --
Note: this is from another source... came in after the top portion....

I researched MRE's just this evening to learn more about
them. The full meal type MRE comes 12 per case, and the case weighs 17
pounds. So, for doing some math, double the figures you were dealing
with. Using Robert's math that would come to 33,264,000 meals -
using 22 work days per  month, for 4 months, and the light work load
experienced by Robert's friend that particular day.

Assuming 12 per case, that's 2,772,000 cases at 17 pounds per
case equals 47,124,000 pounds of food, or 23,562 tons. That would
mean you could feed 500,000 people 3 meals per day for 22.17 days or
roughly 100,000 people for just over 3 months (about 111 days actually).
These are large numbers indeed and we can all look forward to learning
more about this.  Robert, can you put the local news people on it
to open it up?  Would that be wise or not? I don't know, but if
appropriate, it's one heck of a story they may wish to track down.
God bless all of you,

<< End of Forwarded message >>
[snip]
Local Y2K Update:

I received a telephone call from a highly credible source.  This
informant told me that government employees recently attended a Y2K
meeting in Orange County.  At this meeting, one of the handouts was a
listing of all the Mormon Canneries.  Even more disturbing was the
fact, these employees were casually told not to make this public so
that they could have the necessary time to acquire their long-term
storage food first.

with the message:
     (un)subscribe ignition-point email@address
www.telepath.com/believer