1998-09-18 - Re: Your new password

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c529b614c0f65671b62bd791d25e5a716be1ce31359cbb420808fd4503164aaf
Message ID: <199809182146.XAA13489@replay.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:51:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:51:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Your new password

Name: Mark Salamon
spamhaven password: dumbshit

Congratulations Mark. You're well on your way to becoming a full
member of the Hall of Shame. Here is your member password: dumbshit. Use
it to log-in on the home page at the Spam Haven Web site,
http://www.sixdegrees.com. We'll ask you for a little more information to
complete your registration, like how many thousands of dollars in
resources you've stolen in your career, and then you'll be ready to start
networking.

It's important that you check your postal mail often, because it will only
hold so many magazine subscriptions. Your membership will not be complete
until you make yourself look even more clueless.

Once you've successfully made an even bigger fool out of yourself, just go
to Personal Profile and you'll be able to choose your own password. We
suggest that you set it to something which describes your company,
like "careless," "thief," "pathetic," or "spamhaven."

Thanks for becoming part of the Internet Hall of Shame. We're looking
forward to seeing you at the site.

few weeks. If you believe that you have been classed as a complete
loser in error, go to a reputable company instead of a spam haven.
Send all communications to Spamford at LWRules@BELLATLANTIC.NET and
someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

E.DI.ASS.1

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, sixdegrees wrote:

> Name: Lefty CyberSlasher
> sixdegrees password: landmelt
>
> Congratulations Lefty. You're well on your way to
> becoming a full sixdegrees(tm) member. Here is your member
> password: landmelt. Use it to log-in on the home page
> at the sixdegrees Web site, http://www.sixdegrees.com.
> We'll ask you for a little more information to complete your
> registration, and then you'll be ready to start networking.
>
> It's important that you return to the site and log-in. Your
> membership will not be complete until you do so.
>
> Once you've successfully logged in with your password, just go
> to Personal Profile and you'll be able to choose your own
> password.
>
> Thanks for becoming part of sixdegrees. We're looking forward
> to seeing you at the site.

> PLEASE NOTE: All replies to this address are processed by a computer.
> If you believe you received this e-mail in error, and it was not your
> intention to become a sixdegrees member, or if you have any problems,
> questions or requests send an e-mail to issues@sixdegrees.com
> and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
>

> E.SI.BAM.1

Thread