1998-09-30 - I thought of an initialy regulated industry!…

Header Data

From: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: d7bbe8a5d28b37a219ec801edcd94cb3191d3b070f8412de6f0bf779834f1f28
Message ID: <199810011243.HAA18113@einstein.ssz.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 07:41:19 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 07:41:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: I thought of an initialy regulated industry!...

Hi,

In regards the discussion about regulation and industry. I can think of only
one industry that was regulated before the very first company opened their
doors for business....nuclear power plants.

Personaly, 3 Mile Island in a un-regulated industry scares the hell out of
me...and I support nuclear power. Look at the fiasco of Chernobyl in a
control market.

I'd like to hear from any free market mavens who might want to use the
nuclear industry as an example of how things could be so much better with no
regulation regarding construction, operation, or waste disposal.

"Hey Sammy, just through those spent pellets in with the trash, those stupid
trash people don't know nothing...."

                            The seeker is a finder.

                                     Ancient Persian Proverb

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com