1998-09-15 - First Century Church

Header Data

From: jmessenger@30337.com
To: j.messenger@mailcity.com
Message Hash: db8db1df0b5cf5c81f676ca87526bc23c909b92986f4c9e9839ee0ca37a00b2f
Message ID: <First Century Church>
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:07:43 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: jmessenger@30337.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:07:43 -0700 (PDT)
To: j.messenger@mailcity.com
Subject: First Century Church

Hello.

Jim and I received your name from a list given to us by a friend who
indicated that you may be interested in a unique Christian site in
Jerusalem (the Holy Land):

http://jcr.org

The Jerusalem Christian Review is Jerusalem's leading Christian
newspaper, and reports discoveries in the Holy Land which have direct
implications on our understanding of the Bible.

Their reports are well documented with pictures and the participation of
world-famous Bible scholars in Jerusalem.  Some of these discoveries
include:

- A First Century Jerusalem Tomb with an inscribed dedication to "Jesus,
who Ascended", dating to before the New Testament was written!

- A First Century Amulet found in the Holy Land which seem to depict
come of the Miracles of Jesus!

-- The recently found Palace of King David, including an exclusive
interview with the Hebrew University archaeologist who discovered it.

- A burial cave in Nazareth with the personal testimonials of the very
first Christians of Galilee.

- Answers to the Mystery of Calvary. Scholars Find Stunning Evidence of
Jesus' Crucifixion at Golgotha!

Although we are not personally connected to this ministry, we were so
impressed with the impact of the information at this site that we felt
it was our duty to help spread the word.  It has helped us so much in
our own walk with the Lord and with evangelism!

We ask you to forward copies of this letter to all of your friends, so
that they can be informed of the dynamic way God is reaching back
through history and revealing Himself so dramatically to the world
today!

Take a look for yourself.  Again, the WWW address in Jerusalem is:

  http://jcr.org

Yours in His service,

Jim and Barbara Randolph

P.  S.: We are attaching here part of a statement of mission taken from
the web site of the Jerusalem Christian Review, which is exciting!!

Special Request:  PLEASE HELP SHARE THIS IMPORTANT EVIDENCE BY
COPYING THIS MESSAGE AND SENDING IT TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
THANK YOU.
_______________________________

>From the Editor:
>From the Past to the Present...
The Jerusalem Christian Review , a newspaper with a mission.

The very first Christians in the world were those who witnessed first
hand the Ministry, Words and deeds of Jesus of Nazareth.

They had a very unique opportunity - the opportunity to personally ask
Him questions, interact with Him and see for themselves the culmination
of His life on earth.

While these first witnesses can no longer testify to the events of the
past, their inscribed testimonials, some of which were buried for
two-thousand years, are only today being discovered and deciphered in
the Holy Land.

In recent years, unprecedented archaeological study and biblical
research has literally brought to life the very pages of the Bible.
Scholars in the Holy Land have unearthed startling discoveries which
reveal, in more clarity than ever in history, the world of the very
first followers of Jesus.

Today, one can physically walk in the footsteps of His disciples and
first apostles, sit in the very places where they were judged, witness
the spectacular nature of the cities they lived in and read the
inscriptions they left behind.

A cave found years ago by the renown French archaeologist, Charles
Clarmont-Ganneau, near ancient Bethany, exposed a first century tomb
which included three ossuaries (stone coffins) inscribed with the symbol
of the cross and the Hebrew names of Lazarus, Martha and Mary (John
11:1,2).

In a nearby tomb, a monogrammed dedication written only a few years
after Jesus' crucifixion, also accompanied by a cross mark, was
deciphered by Prof. J. Finegan of the Pacific School of Religion,
Berkeley, to read: "Jesus Christ, the Redeemer."

At the southern edge of the Kidron Valley, the "Valley of Judgement" in
Jerusalem, the Hebrew University archaeologist, Prof. Eleazar L.
Sukenik, discovered a first century ossuary with cross marks and a
testimonial reading: "[To] Jesus, the Lord." (For more information,
please see the Jerusalem Christian Review, Internet Edition, at
http://jcr.org.

Indeed, one cannot escape the inevitable conclusion that God is, today,
using the Holy Land and the accelerated study of archaeology to
substantiate the biblical narrative and to present a very modern message
to today's world.

The Jerusalem Christian Review,  Jerusalem's leading Christian
newspaper, invites you to join with us in prayer that, through the
information contained in these pages, many might come to the realization
that the Lord's Word is true.

We invite you to take this opportunity to use the evidence being
presented in this edition, and in future editions, to be good stewards
of this message from the Holy Land - to tell your family and friends of
these testimonials, which carry from the past a very modern message to
the present and for the future.

You can access the Jerusalem Christian Review in Jerusalem at:

http://jcr.org

We ask you to help share the Word by passing this email message to your
family and friends.  Thank you.

This email message has bee sent by S.P.Fox at the request of the
Randolfs who wish to say thanks to friends and loved ones without whose
advise and expertise, this mailing  would not be possible. I can be
reached c/o  230 West Hall Avenue,  PO Box 202
 Slidell, LA 70460

This is a first time and one time mailing from me, but if you wish, you
can be removed from my mailing list by sending an email with the word
Remove in the subject to:

no_no_thank@mailexcite.com

Thread