1998-09-26 - The Currency Site Member Update

Header Data

From: updates@olsen.ch (OANDA Member Service)
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Message Hash: dbff79b1b97047b12892816113c79a396fd1a55a393071a34e17892c496ecf89
Message ID: <199809270321.FAA29582@clam.money>
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:20:58 +0800

Raw message

From: updates@olsen.ch (OANDA Member Service)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:20:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Subject: The Currency Site Member Update

Dear OANDA member,

Updates in this edition:

- Enhancement of Historical and Daily Table
- Improved Personalization of the converters
- Multilanguage Support for Historical and
  Interactive Table
- OANDA co-brands Express by Infoseek

* This is our second edition of the Member Update. In     *
* the past we have received many suggestions for new      *
* products and services. We hope this newsletter helps    *
* keep you updated on the developments and new releases.  *
* If you do not wish to learn about additional services   *
* and news, please click on the following link            *
* mailto:updates@oanda.com?subject=nofurthernews and send *
* the message without adding any text. Our goal is to     *
* fullfil your wishes and deliver the services you need.  *

Fast Enhanced Historical Currency Table
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_table
Fast Enhanced Interactive Daily Table
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_quotes

Due to the quickly increasing access to our two new products,
we have adopted the fast cgi approach for both products.
Furthermore the choice of output as HTML, ASCII and CSV
facilitates the importing of data into spreadsheet solutions.
If you do calculations with multiple currencies, you can
now easily get the necessary rates into your spreadsheet.

Improved Personalization of converter services
   Description of manual editing for all converters:
   - http://www.oanda.com/site/personalize.shtml
   Interactive Interface:
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic?do=pref

Taken into consideration all the suggestions we have
received, we now offer many personalization possibilities
for all our converters including the customized versions.
You can now select a personal list of currencies or, if
you prefer, you keep the whole list, but your most needed
currencies always appear on top of the menu. Therefore
you can generate converters personalized to your needs
of currency information.

Multilanguage support for the Historical Currency Table
and the Interactive Daily Table:
   German
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_table?lang=de
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_quotes?lang=de
   French:
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_table?lang=fr
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_quotes?lang=fr
   Italian:
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_table?lang=it
   - http://www.oanda.com/converter/cc_quotes?lang=it

To serve the needs of our international customers better,
we are constantly expanding our language choices. We have
just recently extended the support of French, Italian
and German to our new products - the Historical Currency
Table and the Interactive Daily Table.

OANDA co-brands Express by Infoseek
http://express.infoseek.com/dve/download_express.phtml?dve_id=143

Announced on September 22,Express by Infoseek is a
next-generation desktop search product which brings
multiple search and information sources together in one
place. With Express you can find, explore, and do anything
on the Internet faster and easier.  OANDA is among the
first round co-distributors of this new product, along
with USA Today, DejaNews, PC World, and others.  To
download the free co-branded Express by Infoseek, just
click on the link above, or click on the Express
logo at the top left of the OANDA home page.

OANDA Statistics Spotlight:

Over 3000 sites are now using a customized version of our
Classic Currency Converter or Cheat Sheet for Travelers.

Thank you for using the OANDA services.

Best regards,

The OANDA team
updates@oanda.com