1998-09-27 - Re:

Header Data

From: “Paul H. Merrill” <paulmerrill@acm.org>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: e194a1809e11d6a7a4b6b5280e9c63aedc6cfdc4ebadb994242052588b801295
Message ID: <360ED0D0.FD404165@acm.org>
Reply To: <8b290243deab0d40b2006a5aaf21f9e9@anonymous>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-27 07:54:44 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:54:44 +0800

Raw message

From: "Paul H. Merrill" <paulmerrill@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:54:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re:

<<snip>>
> I can't speak for Paul, but I figure that he's probably doing what he once
> said that he is, and using a modem link to AOL, using AOL for a routing
> service, then routing mail through the relay at CES. I don't know why
> someone would want to do that if they're sitting on a university network,
> but it doesn't matter much.

I only sat on a university network at work.  (the admin machine was
mine.)  Alas I no longer work there.  Shoot, I no longer work in that
state.  But it took longer to plug my computer back togeteher in the
motel room here than it did to get on the air with AOL here.

> Can we have some signal somewhere, please?

Certainly.  I just hate to leave things uncommented when they talk about
me.  I have made that mistake in the past (ignoring what people say
about me) and have had cause to regret it.

PHM

PHM

Thread