1998-09-13 - No Subject

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@earth.wazoo.com>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: e4020817c8f5abe47e5a7a326f3883623e6b4fdc52b8576a34c5d8d89340f01e
Message ID: <199809131506.PAA02152@earth.wazoo.com>
Reply To: <v0401170db2215f84fec1@[139.167.130.247]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-13 02:05:57 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 10:05:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@earth.wazoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 10:05:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: No Subject

  > My understanding is that Ryan's looking for some kind of
  > post-infocalyptic radio network for when it All Falls Down
  > Sometime Soon (tm). I expect that in that event, Ham would be
  > fine, because there is no, as Mr. Gore likes to say, controlling
  > legal authority, to worry about.

Worse, there may be any number of "controlling legal authorities".

You don't suppose that all the existing radio monitoring equipment is
going to stop working just because the infrastructure for managing it
is in disarray?

Or that people with access to that equipment are going to have any
problem getting fuel for their helicopters from government fuel dumps?

But your communication network is going to become a valuable resource,
and more than one tin-pot wannabe is going to want to get his hands on
it.

Thread