1998-09-07 - Re: Government Regulation & Scienctific Research

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org>
To: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Message Hash: e78b094bdbd629940b95a668cd50b17d4571706d602edda413bc62ee9e3b88a1
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980908023954.12495E-100000@clueserver.org>
Reply To: <199809071711.MAA04033@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-07 18:55:52 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 02:55:52 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 02:55:52 +0800
To: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Subject: Re: Government Regulation & Scienctific Research

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Jim Choate wrote:

> Because of the changes in national governments and their increasing desire
> to regulate their citizenry and their economies according to flawed economic
> and social dogma we will see the following:

I have a little bit of a different take on things...

I expect the first world to start to take after the East German model.

-- Those who are precieved as being a possible threat will be
marginalized, jailed, forced to flee, or co-opted.

-- A large portion of the population will be devoted towards control of
the population.  (Either in law enforcement, paid snitches, propaganda, or
similar activities.)

-- Much of the Government's budget will be devoted to citizen control.
(More will be spent on fighting internal threats than defending from
external threats.)  And since "The imposition of order = the escalation of
disorder", it will only spiral downwards.

In 50 years I expect that the creative citizenry will either be
underground, fled, or no longer participating in the active discorse of
the society.  All of the life will be sucked out of the population in
order to fight the "Scapegoats of the Week/Month/Year/Century".

It will only fall apart when we reach a level where no one wants to live
here any more and it falls apart from internal system failure and
hemoraging.

alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.

Thread