1998-09-14 - Re: Larry Gilbert

Header Data

From: “Paul H. Merrill” <paulmerrill@acm.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e931849f8882cce0b0a7451ce52bb3122305bfe2afdaf8ddab54ed905078d1f1
Message ID: <35FDE268.79F4FF46@acm.org>
Reply To: <7b77428acf328c029db809968e76c70d@anonymous>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-14 11:47:17 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:47:17 +0800

Raw message

From: "Paul H. Merrill" <paulmerrill@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:47:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Larry Gilbert

I love this to death.  Some asshole sends crap data to sixdegrees
including dredged up real email addresses, then when sixdegrees and the
contacts given react in a totally appropriate manner other (?) assholes
berate them for living.  And this one even manages to toss in an
anti-AOL rant where AOL plays no part.

Such witticisms I haven't seen since my kids turned 7.

PHM

HyperReal-Anon wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, sixdegrees wrote:
>

> > Just a quick update from sixdegrees(tm). Unfortunately Larry
> > Gilbert (irving@pobox.com) asked not to be listed as your
> > contact with sixdegrees.
> >
> > We also wanted to make sure you were aware that you currently
> > have no other confirmed contacts, so it will be hard for you to
> > have a productive sixdegrees experience. As you probably know,
> > without any confirmed contacts, you won't get any results from our
> > networking searches.
> >
> > So, we just wanted to recommend that you head over to
> > http://www.sixdegrees.com , log-in, and go to MY CONTACTS
> > to list additional relationships.

> > PLEASE NOTE: All replies to this address are processed by a computer.
> > If you have any problems, questions or requests send an e-mail to
> > issues@sixdegrees.com and someone will get back to you as soon as
> > possible.
>
> Since you seem so intent on continuing to spam the Cypherpunks list like
> some AOL luser-wannabe, I have a better idea. Follow this procedure
> exactly to reach enlightenment:
>
> 1) Open the cases for all your computers.
> 2) Drop your pants.
> 3) Whip it out. In the case of a woman, just squat.
> 4) Spray all your machines.
> 5) If any machines are still working, pour large amounts of concentrated
> nitric acid solution on them. Inhale the resulting vapors.
> 6) Close the door, activate the halon system, sit down, and inhale deeply.
> 7) You will pass out. Within a few minutes, you will see the Grand Poobah
> himself.
> 8) If you do not have a halon system, inhale heavy gasses such as freon.
>
> We're glad to be of service to clueless AOLholes and clueless
> AOLhole-wannabes everywhere. Have a nice day.

Thread