1998-10-01 - business regulatory burden (Re: GPL & commercial software, the critical distinction)

Header Data

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
To: petro@playboy.com
Message Hash: 2059efb4f3903b7b9dadd248e7b6fbf906607e9b6fd8c108852fe9b2dee9d373
Message ID: <199810012045.VAA09036@server.eternity.org>
Reply To: <v04011703b239868e8c60@[206.189.103.244]>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-01 08:02:06 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:02:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:02:06 +0800
To: petro@playboy.com
Subject: business regulatory burden (Re: GPL & commercial software, the critical distinction)

Christoper Petro writes:
> >If you seriously think this is a heavily regulated market you should do more
> >research into such places as Nazi Germany, Russia, China, etc.
>
> 	France, England etc.
>
> 	We are _going_ that route, with more and more regualtion being
> dumped on the backs of businesses daily.

Yup I can confirm that one for England.  I made the mistake of
registering a Ltd company to do crypto hacking through, and you would
not believe the mountain of forms they send you.  I reckon I must've
had order of a foot deep pile of paper sent to me since doing it.  As
a one man type operation, most of it can go straight in the trash, but
you've still got to sift it.

Adam

Thread