1998-10-19 - IP: Fwd: Evaluation of Vehicle Stopping Prototype (“Kill Switch”)

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 2219e3512af76836720ae32c6ecb49d9683de54a8ab92fcee270ece18074f262
Message ID: <199810190136.SAA29909@netcom13.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:39:34 +0800

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:39:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: IP: Fwd: Evaluation of Vehicle Stopping Prototype ("Kill Switch")

From: Bridget973@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 16:38:53 EDT
To: ignition-point@majordomo.pobox.com

(I am posting just in case this wasn't already posted to the list..Mary)

Subject:         Evaluation of Vehicle Stopping Electromagnetic Prototype
Date:             Sat, 3 Oct 1998 23:34:20 -0400
From:            Matthew Gaylor <freematt@coil.com>
To:                Matthew Gaylor <freematt@coil.com>

[Note from Matthew Gaylor: Several years ago on this list I mentioned that
EMP devices will soon be used to stop car chases.  Several of my
subscribers wrote in and said I must be crazy, that I lived in a science
fiction fantasy.  Oh well, the future is now.]

>From the US Justice Dept.'s  NCJRS listservs <ncjrsadm@aspensys.com>

* Evaluation of Vehicle Stopping Electromagnetic Prototype
Devices: Phase III - Engineering Field Testing Solicitation

To curtail high-speed chases, NIJ is requesting applications
for prototype electromagnetic devices designed to stop motor
vehicles that are in motion. Approved applicants will
provide prototypes for field testing, with the hope of
proceeding to operational testing by law enforcement
agencies. The NIJ Solicitation, "Evaluation of Vehicle
Stopping Electromagnetic Prototype Devices: Phase III -
Engineering Field Testing," provides information on
application requirements and deadlines.

"Evaluation of Vehicle Stopping Electromagnetic Prototype
Devices: Phase III - Engineering Field Testing"
(Solicitation) (SL000298) is available on the NCJRS World
Wide Web site (http://www.ncjrs.org/txtfiles/sl298.txt)

Subscribe to Freematt's Alerts: Pro-Individual Rights Issues
Send a blank message to: freematt@coil.com with the words subscribe FA
on the subject line. List is private and moderated (7-30 messages per week)
Matthew Gaylor,1933 E. Dublin-Granville Rd.,#176, Columbus, OH  43229
Archived at http://www.reference.com/cgi-bin/pn/listarch?list=FA@coil.com

bridget973@aol.com
Black Helicopters on the Horizon:
http://members.xoom.com/bridget973