1998-10-29 - Re: IP: Electronic March

Header Data

From: Jim Burnes - Denver <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 29a12dac03f911174c60451db3a1d7a75bd1f30b4b0656f35393860df67be4e9
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.981029094403.1051A-100000@denver>
Reply To: <199810290400.UAA14741@netcom13.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-29 17:32:20 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 01:32:20 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Burnes - Denver <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 01:32:20 +0800
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: IP: Electronic March

>      A US grass-roots group has kicked off the Billion Byte March, calling
> itself the first Internet march on Washington. The aim is to send a million
> emails to Congress in January, on the day of the State of the Union
> Address. Why? To reform America's social security system. See
> http://www.march.org

Not bloody likely.  Inside the social (in)security fund you will find
a big IOU to the tune of many billions of dollars.  In fact, to the tune
of the entire value of the SS fund.

If they end up "saving" social insecurity its most likely that they
will stick to the same game as Doritos (paraphrased)

"Spend all you like...we'll print more!"

To understand why SS has never really been in jeopardy, you must understand
the function of a central, fractional-reserve banking system.  Since
the Fed is a lender of last resort to the government, and since the
US federal government is never likely to voluntarily let social
(in)security die they will simply print more money.

I don't mean literally print more money.

I mean the fed government sells bonds to cover the difference.  If
the bond market won't absorb it, the federal reserve is bound by
contract t absorb it.

Just some entries in a ledger to them.  Just some inflation, hidden
taxes and future interest payments to you.

jim

Thread