1998-10-05 - Re: propose: `cypherpunks license’

Header Data

From: Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@stud.uni-muenchen.de>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 5e2402b6863fadab0ea2d6d3db3d3d942474bf8f1d34ba61e974cf59a41efc2b
Message ID: <3619125B.79B9DEEA@stud.uni-muenchen.de>
Reply To: <199810051105.HAA13894@germs.dyn.ml.org>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-05 04:43:35 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:43:35 +0800

Raw message

From: Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@stud.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:43:35 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: propose: `cypherpunks license'

Werner Koch wrote:

> Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@stud.uni-muenchen.de> writes:
>
> > I think it all depends upon the free will of the authors of the codes
> > to determine under exactly what conditions other people may share their
> > intellectual properties without paying money. The one may impose
> > some non-monetary conditions in the hope of achieving some
> > non-monetary effects in exchange of the work that has been done, while
>
> Please read the GPL before talking about it!
>
> The GPL covers freedom and not price.

I suppose you misunderstood me. Did I say price? I expressed that
the context is one for free of charge (without paying money).

M. K. Shen

Thread