1998-10-22 - Re: Women cannot commit rape?

Header Data

From: Kevin Elliott <k-elliott@wiu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Message Hash: 88d8176738c1a8d54c69c047aa3a4cfcb1ec8754f60f1d6f1fd893f37964d0b1
Message ID: <v04020a01b2545c1062c9@[143.43.245.6]>
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:11:39 +0800

Raw message

From: Kevin Elliott <k-elliott@wiu.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:11:39 +0800
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Subject: Re: Women cannot commit rape?

>French Supreme Court rules that women cannot commit rape
>
>Copyright (c) 1998 Nando.net
>Copyright (c) 1998 Reuters News Service
>
>PARIS (October 21, 1998 06:38 a.m. EDT http://www.nandotimes.com) -
>France's
>Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday that women are unable to commit the
>crime of
>rape because they cannot sexually penetrate men.

This is true in the United States as well.  That's why in every state,
technically speaking, their is no crime of "rape" just varying degrees and
types of "criminal sexual assault".  I'm suprised that hasn't trickled down
to france yet.  Rape is defined as forcing someone to have sexual
intercourse.  It doesn't take much imagination to build an argument that
you can't force a man to have sex, after all he had to get aroused.  The
advantage of criminal sexual assualt is that it side steps these kind of
issues by greatly broadening the crime to basicly forcing/manipulating
someone  to engae in any kind of sexual activity.

"DOS/WIN based computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq,
Tandy, and millions of others, are by far the most popular, with about 70
million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, note
that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone
do not denote a higher life form." - New York Times

-Kevin "The Cubbie" Elliott <mailto:k-elliott@wiu.edu>

Thread