1998-10-20 - Re: Happy Birthday to Convicted Child Molester Gary Burnore

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b040c0591a65c3d08d7c39cc16d3575b02e408f01f28986a411b8fb2780dca8f
Message ID: <199810201238.OAA24270@replay.com>
Reply To: <199810140550.HAA15476@replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-10-20 13:26:21 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:26:21 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:26:21 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday to Convicted Child Molester Gary Burnore

Hackman <hacker@nospam.jump.net> wrote:

> James howard wrote:
>
> > > Did anyone remember to wish convicted child molester Gary Lee
> > > Burnore a happy 41st birthday on Tuesday?  I was just doing a net
> > > search and came across this excerpt taken from his info on the North
> > > Carolina registered sex offenders' website:

> > >     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Why is it "Birth Date(s)"?  Is it possible to have more than one?
>
> multiple alias ?

Since "Megan's law" where an effort has been made to warn residents
of a convicted child molester living in their neighborhood, I can
well imagine that many of them have resorted to using aliases.

Another possibility is that since so many of them have multiple
convictions on their rap sheets, and since the data entry operators
cannot always read an officer's handwriting, multiple *POSSIBLE*
birthdates for the same perp sometimes float around in the system.

Thread