1998-10-14 - No Subject

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Message Hash: b149b569cb206bf251e400098e4cfd64d86152998ceb9d71f8c4a9f09d83bc49
Message ID: <199810140934.LAA00392@replay.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:56:23 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:56:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com
Subject: No Subject

>Hello,

>The IRS and United States Attorney's office are looking for assistance in
>a criminal investigation involving threatening messages which were posted
>to the Cypherpunks mailing list.  This e-mail address was noted to be one
>of those which receives the Cypherpunks list.  I would appreciate it if
>you would contact me to discuss whether you would be willing to assist us
>in this matter, and what records or information you have relating to the
>Cypherpunks list.  You can contact me at this e-mail address or at (503)
>326-2787.

Sorry, but I am not aware of any threating messages posted to this list. Of course I can see how your organization may consider calls by the citizens for a return to a Constitutional government a "threat".

I woun't be calling you but I will be calling my congressman and senator in the morning reaffirming my support for a flat tax and the abolishment of the IRS.

Have a nice day,

I am TOTOCUS!!

Thread