1998-10-13 - Crescendo News - October 1998

Header Data

From: “LiveUpdate News” <update@relay2.liveupdate.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b2b8048f17e1500577349d82636c3bd7bb55b3fd3a8cb23fa4f09a651bd73303
Message ID: <021932948130da8RELAY2@relay2.liveupdate.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:14:23 +0800

Raw message

From: "LiveUpdate News" <update@relay2.liveupdate.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:14:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Crescendo News - October 1998

CRESCENDO NEWS - October 1998

Well, we're back from Internet World, and have a lot of exciting
things to let you know about!  The foliage in Massachusetts is
finally turning color, the air is crisp, and it's almost time to
start thinking about tuning up the snowboard.

Here are some of the items covered in this newsletter:

* Paula Cole's "I Don't Want To Wait" streams with Crescendo Forte
* Crescendo Forte featured at Fall Internet World
* Behind the scenes - how to create Crescendo Forte music
* EP Release by Crescendo Forte artist "Gigi"
* What is a "SYSX"?
* Powerful authoring tools available in our online store
* Subscribing / Unsubscribing

----------------------------------

PAULA COLE STREAMS WITH CRESCENDO FORTE

Have you visited the Crescendo Forte Showcase lately?  The latest
addition to our growing showcase is the Crescendo Forte version of
Paula Cole's hit single "I Don't Want To Wait". This is a historic
event - Paula has become the first major artist *ever* to have her
content featured using Crescendo Forte.  As the winner of the 1998
Grammy for "Best New Artist", Cole's latest album "This Fire" has
fostered three major singles including "I Don't Want To Wait,"
which has been pegged as the theme to the new hit TV series,
Dawson's Creek. KizoMusic produced this incredible demo using
Crescendo Forte to add high-quality drums, piano, and bass guitar
to a RealAudio-encoded version of the original cut from the CD.
You don't need anything more than a 28.8 modem and a Pentium-class
PC to enjoy both the video and audio versions of this song. See and
hear it for yourself at the Crescendo Forte Showcase,
http://www.liveupdate.com/cforte/showcase.html.

----------------------------------

CRESCENDO FORTE FEATURED AT FALL INTERNET WORLD

At the Fall Internet World conference earlier this month in New
York City, standing-room-only crowds watched on and listened as
RealNetworks presented the latest technology for music broadcast
on the Internet.  Featured in their presentation was Crescendo
Forte, playing a video clip from Paula Cole.  If you weren't able
to make it to Internet World, you can still see and hear the
Paula Cole clip by visiting the Crescendo Forte Showcase at
http://www.liveupdate.com/cforte/showcase.html.

----------------------------------

BEHIND THE SCENES - HOW TO CREATE CRESCENDO FORTE MUSIC

So your band has a CD to promote and you want to make the
highest quality presentation over the Internet?  RealSystem G2
and Crescendo Forte together deliver a rich listening experience
requiring very low bandwidth.  Learn how to take your existing
music and publish it using Crescendo Forte with our new step-by-step
production guide, available on-line at
http://www.liveupdate.com/cforte/authoring.html.  When you're done,
send us your files for review and we may feature your music on the
Crescendo Forte Showcase area!

----------------------------------

CD RELEASE BY CRESCENDO FORTE ARTIST "GIGI"

If you liked what you heard from Gigi in the Crescendo Forte
Showcase, you'll love her new 6-song CD!  Part of Crescendo Forte's
appeal is that it allows less-well-known acts such as Gigi to get
broad exposure.  To thank all of you for listening to her music,
she has agreed to distribute her new CD, "Tinted Window", which
contains full studio productions of her songs that are highlighted
on the showcase, for just $6.95 including shipping & handling.  Order
on-line today at https://secure.liveupdate.com, and you'll receive
the CD by mail, so that you can enjoy her music both on and off-line.

----------------------------------

WHAT IS A "SYSX"?

You have probably seen an option in the Crescendo pull-down menu
titled "Enable SYSEX Messages", and might have wondered what the
option means.  Crescendo PLUS supports playback of System Exclusive
(SYSX) messages.  Ever wonder how that General MIDI song you
downloaded automatically configures delay, reverb, distortion, and
patch edits while it plays?  MIDI files use embedded SYSX messages
to control synthesizer settings.  Crescendo PLUS will detect and
send these hidden SYSX messages to your synthesizer or sound card.
Many commercially manufactured MIDI files contain SYSX messages,
so you may not hear what the MIDI musician intended until you get
Crescendo PLUS.  Crescendo PLUS is available for $19.95 at our
on-line store, https://secure.liveupdate.com.  Get it now, and hear
what you've been missing!

----------------------------------

POWERFUL AUTHORING TOOLS AVAILABLE IN CRESCENDO ONLINE STORE

With the right tools, you can be a Crescendo composer.  The
Crescendo PLUS Roland Edition for Windows 95/98 has everything
you need to create and play great music on the Internet.  Here's
what you get:

*Cakewalk Express
    - record, edit, mix, and publish your own MIDI files
*Do Re Mix
    - drag and drop ready-made musical parts to create instant songs
*Crescendo PLUS for Internet Explorer and Netscape
    - play streaming music over the Internet
*Virtual Sound Canvas software synthesizer
    - Orlando's wavetable instrument sounds for your PC
*Plus over 100 ready-made MIDI song files to use in your productions

The Crescendo PLUS Roland Edition, with all of the above, is
available for $65, including shipping and handling!  Visit
http://www.liveupdate.com/soundcanvas.html for more details,
or to order now.

You're receiving this email because you downloaded Crescendo in the
past, and we want to keep you up to date with some of the exciting
things that are happening at LiveUpdate.  We hope you are enjoying
Crescendo!

Note: Messages from LiveUpdate to this list will not be sent any
more frequently than once a month, and your information has not, and
will not, be given to others or sold.  If you wish to unsubscribe
from this list, or if this message has been forwarded to you by a
friend and you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, please
send a message to newsletter@liveupdate.com.

Spread the Music!

Thread