1998-10-26 - Available For Download: Chapter on Electronic Cash for Upcoming Handbook by CRC Press

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: dc7d680a52b547493b6480f386baf1ffb500eaf60a22880682da6778f524074a
Message ID: <v04020a2bb25aafe7fdde@[139.167.130.246]>
Raw Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:39:34 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:39:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Available For Download: Chapter on Electronic Cash for  Upcoming Handbook by CRC Press

--- begin forwarded text

From: brands@xs4all.nl
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:09:06 +0100
To: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Subject: Available For Download: Chapter on Electronic Cash for  Upcoming
 Handbook by CRC Press
Cc: Digital Bearer Settlement List <dbs@philodox.com>
Sender: <dbs@philodox.com>

Hi all,

In light of some questions about my electronic cash systems by Frank Sudia
and Robert Hettinga, and some requests I received via e-mail, I decided to
make available my chapter on electronic cash that I wrote mid 1996 for the
upcoming "Handbook on Algorithms and Theory of Computation," Michael
Atallah (editor), CRC Press, ISBN 0849326494. It is an introduction to
electronic cash, and contains a high-level description of my system as well
as a highly practical implementations of it.

You can download the PDF file from

	http://www.xs4all.nl/~brands

Alternatively, get it directly as

	http://www.xs4all.nl/~brands/draft.pdf

Regards,
Stefan

PS The above book chapter has a very narrow focus, and does a poor job of
highlighting the generality of my techniques, which are much more generally
applicable than just for the purpose of electronic cash. Over the past two
years, I have been busy writing a book, with the preliminary title
"Electronic Money and Digital Eligibility Certificates." Currently, over
500 of the approximately 750 pages are finished, and I aim to have it
published early next year. If the publisher allows it, large parts of the
book will be made available as PDF files as well, but nothing is clear yet.
There are also some very real commercial things happening right now; I hope
to be able to announce something in the next few months as well.

--- end forwarded text

Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: rah@philodox.com>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA