1998-11-05 - Now where am I gonna get a good horseburger?

Header Data

From: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 02885071facad22b91d6a3dd657de433ad196c1b130be9e5d3cd82926c27b148
Message ID: <36422225.52F2@lsil.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 06:44:32 +0800

Raw message

From: Michael Motyka <mmotyka@lsil.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 06:44:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Now where am I gonna get a good horseburger?

In CA it is now a felony to eat a horse. I don't remember asking to be
transported to Walt Disney World...wait 'til someone other than Gary
Larson anthropomorphises the chicken, cow and pig!

On a lighter, more technical note -

Avoiding carefully, for the moment, Harvey Rook's statement that
weaknesses in cipher systems often lie in key generation and management
and not in the crypto algorithms, I'll ask a few -naive- questions:

If we construct a CSPRNG with a ?sufficiently? large state and then use
the output of that PRNG to generate a new key for each block encrypted
by a standard block cipher have we gained anything? Large files vs.
small? When used with triple encryption like 3DES? The ROI for finding a
single key is certainly much lower if the PRNG is "good".

I've never seen a PR keystream for a conventional block cipher discussed
so I thought I'd lob it out there.

Mike

Thread