1998-11-26 - Maturity Is Needed

Header Data

From: Mixmaster <mixmaster@remail.obscura.com>
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Message Hash: 192d045ac34a227ef8d3882dadef541000ebbf96601774d64f37c2104d68802f
Message ID: <7ef9c8cd7e2dd595bbaa7feafa5a775d@anonymous>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:22:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Mixmaster <mixmaster@remail.obscura.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:22:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Subject: Maturity Is Needed

>Jim Choate is so stupid that even when he accidentally gets something
>right, he quickly "corrects" himself so that he is wrong again:
>
>> I had typed x/ln(x) as the asymptotic limit for the number of primes less
>> than x.
>>
>> This is incorrect. It should be,
>>
>> x/log(x)

>>Wrong, doofus.  x/ln(x) is the correct asymptotic limit.  What role could
>>logs to the base 10 possibly play?  Do you think God favors the number 10?
>>What a fool you are!Your observations over the years usually seemed
>>thoughtful, and intelligent, and therefore helpful.

What an human waste this guy is. It reminds me of the
old days of Reputation. A boorish attack reflects
more poorly on the attacker than the victim, if it is
an inappropriate attack. Even if stupid, or just mistkaen,
a comment here is intended toward a larger, instructive
purpose. This idiot just wastes bandwidth.

Life's too short for this crap. Perhaps it's worth
trying to reason with people a bit:

Victorian times, like ours today, were a period of huge
changes, which meant behavioral changes. It cannot be
an accident that manners, good form, and respectable
society merged into the legendary image of modern social
graces. It was done of efficiency, and, so, of necessity.

Inefficient entities decay in capitalism. Manners were
needed for efficiency. Only today do they seem quaint,
or insulting of class or social station. They were
where the action was, among professionals trying to forge
new economic relationships.

This immature jerk is gonna lose.

An Educated Observer

Thread