1998-11-19 - Re: Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math (fwd)

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Jim Choate)
Message Hash: 1ce1b5df52441a4195559e1a9c65f53946b41f0a15af831cfd62b6c3b61cdf0d
Message ID: <199811191953.NAA07957@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <199811191827.MAA04861@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-11-19 20:41:38 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:41:38 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:41:38 +0800
To: ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com (Jim Choate)
Subject: Re: Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math (fwd)

Jim Choate wrote:

> [...]

it is not a theorem, it is a part of the definition of multiplication.

It is, in truth, arithmetics.

igor

> So, as a result we're in the interesting and potentialy untenable
> situation of defining a identity theorem, base our math on it, and then
> come along one day and say it doesn't apply anymore WITHOUT making any
> other changes to the structure of the theories....
>
> This is VERY BAD science/math.
>

>     ____________________________________________________________________
>
>             Lawyers ask the wrong questions when they don't want
>             the right answers.
>
>                                         Scully (X-Files)
>
>        The Armadillo Group       ,::////;::-.          James Choate
>        Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com
>        www.ssz.com            .',  ||||    `/( e\      512-451-7087

	- Igor.

Thread