1998-11-19 - Re: Goldbach’s Conjecture - a question about prime sums of oddnumbers…

Header Data

From: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: 1f5f5394204602ccf53d9a03f23374ac178d1faf9138fde8e4cd7a57fcc3b338
Message ID: <v04011752b279e7168bc6@[206.189.103.230]>
Reply To: <199811190522.XAA01164@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-11-19 16:53:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 00:53:39 +0800

Raw message

From: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 00:53:39 +0800
To: Jim Choate <cypherpunks@einstein.ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: Re: Goldbach's Conjecture - a question about prime sums of oddnumbers...

At 12:22 AM -0500 11/19/98, Jim Choate wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a question related to Goldbach's Conjecture:
>
>All even numbers greater than two can be represented as the sum of primes.
>
>Is there any work on whether odd numbers can always be represented as the
>sum of primes? This of course implies that the number of prime members
>must be odd and must exclude 1 (unless you can have more than a single
>instance of a given prime). Has this been examined?
>
>I'm assuming, since I can't find it explicitly stated anywhere, that
>Goldbachs Conjecture allows those prime factors to occur in multiple
>instances.
>
>I've pawed through my number theory books and can't find anything relating
>to this as regards odd numbers.

	Whoops, jumped the gun on that last one, didn't read thru a second
time.

	Sorry.
--
"To sum up: The entire structure of antitrust statutes in this country is a
jumble of economic irrationality and ignorance. It is a product: (a) of a

Petro::E-Commerce Adminstrator::Playboy Ent. Inc.::petro@playboy.com

Thread