1998-11-04 - Programmer Needed for Privacy Tool Implementation ProjectProgrammer Needed for Privacy Tool Implementation Project

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>Lorrie Faith Cranor <lorrie@research.att.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 43566158450685ecd6d117f493c05b4a51b9cf8c545006a68750f28aa7b88557
Message ID: <199811042148.WAA04222@replay.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 06:27:05 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>Lorrie Faith Cranor <lorrie@research.att.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 06:27:05 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Programmer Needed for Privacy Tool Implementation ProjectProgrammer Needed for Privacy Tool Implementation Project

As the World Wide Web Consortium's Platform for Privacy Preferences
Project (P3P) specification is nearing completion, it's time to
start working on P3P implementations.

I have an immediate opening for a java programming contractor to
implement a P3P user agent as a client-side proxy. For details on
P3P see http://www.w3.org/p3p/  This is an excellent opportunity
for a programmer who wants to help make it easier for people to
maintain their privacy online.

An outstanding candidate for this position would have:
- several years of programming experience, including project design
  experience
- experience with browser plugg-ins, Web proxy servers, or Web clients
  (or at least some familiarity with the HTTP protocol)
- Windows GUI development experience
- user interface design experience
- familiarity with XML

I'm looking for someone who can start ASAP, preferably in the next
month.  This project is expected to last 3 to 6 months, most likely
6 months.  We would prefer someone who can work on site at the AT&T
Labs-Research Shannon Laboratory in Florham Park, NJ, but will
consider outstanding applicants who would prefer to work remotely.
Florham Park is in a nice suburban area less than an hour from
midtown Manhattan.

Please email lorrie@research.att.com for more information or to
apply.

--
Lorrie Faith Cranor                    lorrie@research.att.com
AT&T Labs-Research                                973-360-8607

Thread