1998-11-17 - No Subject

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 4c696198702b50c9f4f27de0074eaa88783f48b84080a21b1191cecd2b8e7927
Message ID: <v04020a03b2766daaeef7@[139.167.130.246]>
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:42:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:42:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: No Subject

--- begin forwarded text

Newsgroups: talk.politics.crypto
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:28:04 -0500 (EST)
From: "K. M. Ellis" <protozoa@tux.org>
To: protozoa@tux.org
Sender: owner-cryptography@c2.net

Crack open your palm pilots and take note!  And please repost widely.  Our
mailing list (dccp@eff.org), along with the rest of eff.org, is sadly out
of commission.

DC Cypherpunks will hold a meeting at the Electronic Privacy Information
Center office in Washington, DC.

DATE:  Soon!  Saturday, November 21, 1998

TIME:  5pm

Featured speaker:  Richard Schroeppel, University of Arizona
		   rcs@cs.arizona.edu

The Hasty Pudding Cipher

"NIST is organizing the search for a new block cipher, the Advanced
Encryption Standard.  The Hasty Pudding Cipher is my entry in the AES
competition.  The design goals for HPC are medium security, speed, and
flexibility.  Hasty Pudding works with any block length and any key
size.  It is optimized for 64-bit architectures, operating at 200 MHz
on large data blocks.  Hasty Pudding introduces a new feature, Spice,
which allows useful non-expanding encryption of small blocks, even
single bits.  The cipher includes some unusual design principles."

Location:  Electronic Privacy Information Center
	   666 Pennsylvania Ave. SE,
	   at the corner of Pennsylvania and 7th in South East DC
	   Across the street from Eastern Market Metro station (Orange &
  	   Blue Line)

To get into the building, go around to the 7th street side next to the
flower shop and use the call box to call the EPIC office.  We'll buzz you
in.

True to DCCP form, we'll probably hit a local resturaunt afterwards for
dinner.

If you need more explicit directions, please contact Kathleen Ellis at
(202)298-0833 or ellis@epic.org.

For more information about the DC Cypherpunks, see our web page at
http://www.isse.gmu.edu/~pfarrell/dccp/index.html

--- end forwarded text

Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: rah@philodox.com>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com/>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA