1998-11-03 - RE: airline id

Header Data

From: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
To: “Brown, R Ken” <nobody@replay.com>
Message Hash: 6689c99943a4a0be8c2766c83c628f25980a3f9032f0573a44fe1746cd7522be
Message ID: <v0401170db264fcbd0937@[206.189.103.230]>
Reply To: <896C7C3540C3D111AB9F00805FA78CE2013F853F@MSX11002>
UTC Datetime: 1998-11-03 20:32:08 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 04:32:08 +0800

Raw message

From: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 04:32:08 +0800
To: "Brown, R Ken" <nobody@replay.com>
Subject: RE: airline id

At 6:46 AM -0500 10/29/98, Brown, R Ken wrote:
>problem. On trains, unlike planes, you keep your luggage with you.
>
>Also people *like* trains. They are cute. Even in America you have
>hordes of trainspotters and steam enthusiasts and model-builders and all
>the rest. It always amazes me that bookshops have more shelves of
>hobbyist books about trains than about cars, but only about 15% of the
>population regularly travel by train and about 60% by car. (In England -
>I guess in the USA that's more like 5% and 85% - and before you say that

	That actually may be the reason. I have traveled a good deal on
both trains, by Auto, and by bicycle, and well, Trains suck. Cars suck
slightly less (execpt in a few cases).

	It is easiest to get romantic about something you don't have to
fight with on a regular basis.

Ken Brown

>(who prefers bicycles to trains but had to use the train to get to work
>today because  of a broken spoke he is incapable of fixing. He only does
>software)

	I have 3 bikes. Hell, a spare bike is cheaper than a spare tire.
--
"To sum up: The entire structure of antitrust statutes in this country is a
jumble of economic irrationality and ignorance. It is a product: (a) of a

Petro::E-Commerce Adminstrator::Playboy Ent. Inc.::petro@playboy.com

Thread