1998-11-25 - Interesting tidbit about media controlling and censoring opinions, Web Polls data manipulated, etc.

Header Data

From: “Jean-Francois Avon” <jf_avon@citenet.net>
To: “Sporting Shooters Association of Australia” <Martin.P@parl.gc.ca>, “e$@vmeng.com” <e$@vmeng.com>
Message Hash: ada8cce514a7bc2fd99b5cf964cd52d304a53999376852c1f7ccf3a1b4b0cb26
Message ID: <199811252000.PAA24863@cti06.citenet.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:42:48 +0800

Raw message

From: "Jean-Francois Avon" <jf_avon@citenet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:42:48 +0800
To: "Sporting Shooters Association of Australia" <Martin.P@parl.gc.ca>,       "e$@vmeng.com" <e$@vmeng.com>
Subject: Interesting tidbit about media controlling and censoring opinions, Web Polls data manipulated, etc.

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:03:53 -0600, Ed "Saipan" D. (via CFD V2#714) wrote:

>Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:48:13 -0600
>From: dongres <dongres@manitouwadge.lakeheadu.ca>
>Subject: Anne MacLelland has promised

[several paragraph snipped]

[THE FOLLOWING REVEALS A VERY DISTRUBING TENDENCY.  JFA.]
[snip]
>The problem now is missinformation. Public forums
>that generaly shows we are in the majority, are being removed while media incresed
>their pitch. You may have noticed the latest one on Sympatico showed 85% against
>gun control and 15% for it. Now set for 0% to 0%, while sysop says he didn't
>noticed and his female helper ("webmistress") emailed me that there's "no any
>conspiracy" even 'though I never suggested there's any to beggin with. When I
>asked Angus Reids Poll info about their gun control poll they said that they know
>only what is on their website. (And that one wasn't there) They asked me who ever
>mention such poll!!! (as if it didn't existed?) Maybe it does maybe it doesn't. I
>haven't seen the evidence yet. "That's all I'm saying" (to put it in Randy Scott's
>words ;-)

[THE FOLLOWING IS IS A VERY INTERESTING OBSERVATION... JFA. ]

>See, we have to work on demystifying all the "news" we are getting and NEVER TAKE
>ANY at face value. Did you noticed often on the news they show a "talking head"
>with the sound off and CBC own comentator narates what has been said. This is to
>train us to get used to it (communist regime trick I've seen so often) so they can
>put anything to anybody's mouth when needed - and sometimes they do already.
>Nothing new under the Sun.

[large snip]

>Ed "Saipan" D.

Thread