1998-11-06 - RE: dbts: Privacy Fetishes, Perfect Competition, and the Foregone (fwd)

Header Data

From: Matthew James Gering <mgering@ecosystems.net>
To: “Cypherpunks (E-mail)” <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Message Hash: d41a068b14e82a925b96ecb26777abe25f7fbb6da69cacc84cc5f9735541ea32
Message ID: <5F152E6E8E6FD21195DF00104B2425AD02B258@yarrowbay.chaffeyhomes.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 06:07:03 +0800

Raw message

From: Matthew James Gering <mgering@ecosystems.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 06:07:03 +0800
To: "Cypherpunks (E-mail)" <cypherpunks@cyberpass.net>
Subject: RE: dbts: Privacy Fetishes, Perfect Competition, and the Foregone (fwd)

Matthew James Gering wrote:
> >Provided you don't corrupt the meaning of free-market to include
> >any possible black market, then yes, there will *always* be a
> >black market. It can be made rather insignificant however.

Petro responded:
> Assuming your definition of "free market" is "a market without
> regulation", you can't have a black market in a free market
> since a black market is trade in violation of regulations.

Like I said, if you don't corrupt the meaning of free market.

Laissez Faire capitalism is based on a concept of individual rights.
Therefore the proper role of any government (in a libertarian state) or
individual/social institution (in rational anarchy) is to protect individual
rights (life, liberty, property), and act as an objective framework for
retributive force.

Therefore, any transaction that violates individual rights is immoral (if
not illegal) and constitutes a black market.

e.g. assassinations, ransom, stolen goods, extortion, slavery, etc.

To create a anarcho-capitalist definition of free market where everything
goes and there is no concept of individual rights is as immoral and perverse
as the statist concepts that similarly have no concept of individual rights
(fascism, communism).

	Matt

Thread