1998-11-20 - Re: Militiamen Assault Federal Command Post

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: secret_squirrel@nym.alias.net (Secret Squirrel)
Message Hash: fea2bb6a32bb35b2f87d16659a4768665c7947c2f2cec4ab93cb9d5b9c6efd57
Message ID: <199811201901.NAA18802@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <ba3dcb83cb2e8944b3c47f14b35aed64@anonymous>
UTC Datetime: 1998-11-20 20:08:10 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:08:10 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:08:10 +0800
To: secret_squirrel@nym.alias.net (Secret Squirrel)
Subject: Re: Militiamen Assault Federal Command Post

I am not convinced that the bullets that struck the command post
were not simply hunting bullets that went astray.

igor

Secret Squirrel wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:22:20 -0500
> From: Anarchist News Service <news@overthrow.com>
>
> alt.anarchism,alt.society.anarchy,alt.law-enforcement,alt.politics.youth,alt
>
> .society.high-school,alt.politics.radical-left,dc.general,alt.evil,alt.nuke.
>
> the.USA,alt.parents.stupid,alt.politics.drinking-age,alt.politics.libertaria
> n,alt.politics.
> To: "news@overthrow.com" <news@overthrow.com>
> Subject: Militiamen Assault Federal Command Post;  Shots Exchanged, No
> Injuries
>
> Militiamen Assault Federal Command Post
> Shots Exchanged, No Injuries
>
> November 17, 1998
>
> Andrews, NC -- An unknown number of militiamen attacked a federal
> command post late last week, exchanging fire with agents.  No injuries
> on either side were reported, and the unknown number of militiamen were
> said to have fled.  The Rudolph Command Post, in Andrews NC, is the base
> from which more than 200 federal agents are conducting a search for Eric
> Rudolph, suspected bomber of a number of abortion clinics and of the
> 1996 Olympics.
>
>     Federal agents say that bullets whizzed by their heads and that one
> agent was barely grazed when nearly a dozen shots were fired into their
> headquarters.
>
>     Eric Rudolph, 32, has been charged in numerous bombings, including
> one that killed a police officer, and has fled into the woods of Western
> North Carolina.  The eighty agents that had been assigned to the case,
> until recently, when their number was boosted to 200, have been unable
> to locate Rudolph.  ANS correspondants on the scene that the local
> residents overwhelmingly support Rudolph, and that many have pledged
> that they would support and shelter him if they felt it necessary.
>
>     Rudolph is linked to far-right Christian organizations.  ANS's North
> Carolina correspondents are not sympathetic to these organizations.
>
> -----
>
> For more anarchist news and information, contact:
>
>     Utopian Anarchist Party
>     Post Office Box 12244
>     Silver Spring, MD 20908
>
>     uap@overthrow.com